Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but those stupid valves are pissing me off, its like I have small rocks in the pipes when the jeep idles, and with this I am thinking of remove them. Is it for real that 2015 Jeeps don't get those valves?
Now, some people are getting codes, some are not, info on those valves are not solid.
My question for you guys, would a 91 or 94 octane tune would fix the problem?
Or, with a full custom tune would that dreaded check engine light would NOT come on?
Or please tell me what I should do? After removal of those valves,( I don't want to wire them , is kind of hill billy job on 70 000 dollar vehicle) would be possible to install the 2015 tune?
Thank you:boohoo:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi guys, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but those stupid valves are pissing me off, its like I have small rocks in the pipes when the jeep idles, and with this I am thinking of remove them. Is it for real that 2015 Jeeps don't get those valves?
Now, some people are getting codes, some are not, info on those valves are not solid.
My question for you guys, would a 91 or 94 octane tune would fix the problem?
Or, with a full custom tune would that dreaded check engine light would NOT come on?
Or please tell me what I should do? After removal of those valves,( I don't want to wire them , is kind of hill billy job on 70 000 dollar vehicle) would be possible to install the 2015 tune?
Thank you:boohoo:

2015 valves are gone. no need to wire them open, just turn them open, lift spring out of groove and place into adjacent groove on knob to keep open permanently. it seriously took me 10 seconds to do both without any tools what so ever. at high speeds or WOT for extended periods, you will throw a code. but after driving around locally without high speeds or WOT with a couple of stop start cycles, check engine light goes away. i would just do it, sounds slightly better IMO.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
tuner will solve code issues

·
Registered
146 Posts
I removed them from my 14 and replaced with straight pipe.
Replaced the bend with kink in it after suitcase muffler with a nice bend too.
No codes after 6mths.:p
If you do get a code, it can be cleared and try again or even turned off permanently in CMR tune.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's a slight annoying drone at WOT .. I removed my suit case with straight pipes.. Today wil try it for a week see what aggravation level I can tolerate

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 valves are gone. no need to wire them open, just turn them open, lift spring out of groove and place into adjacent groove on knob to keep open permanently. it seriously took me 10 seconds to do both without any tools what so ever. at high speeds or WOT for extended periods, you will throw a code. but after driving around locally without high speeds or WOT with a couple of stop start cycles, check engine light goes away. i would just do it, sounds slightly better IMO.....
where does it located?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts