Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Im about done with this guy. Now hes claiming that the offset changes if Im using a 3 piece or a 1 piece wheel.

Offset is offset! lol I dont care if they are the cheapest, he wont do what I ask. Onto the next vendor. WHYUMAD have you found a vendor with half a brain yet?

I haven't been searching lately. Only my call to rennen..I'm going to talk to my tire shop tomorrow to see the best deal they can get me.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Can't find anyone that will give me a price and finish options on the 21" Rennen's. Also looking at the Avant Garde M580. The 20" wheel is like $350, the 21" is apparently $1,200+. This is fun...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't find anyone that will give me a price and finish options on the 21" Rennen's. Also looking at the Avant Garde M580. The 20" wheel is like $350, the 21" is apparently $1,200+. This is fun...

Does Avant Garde drill 5x5/127, or do they actually offer wheels in our bolt pattern?

Looking for 21s as well, I want TSW to sell me the 21" Bathurst (forged=30 lbs and no heavier than factory wheels) but they haven't answered as to if they will drill our bolt pattern....

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I tell him half of that makes no sense. A higher offset or more aggressive offset means more clearance from the calipers
Uhmm...isn't he correct? A lower offset number will push the barrel outwards, meaning the spokes attached to said barrel will "arc" farther away from the caliper? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
The lower the offset, the closer to the center of rim you get until you hit zero, then goes negative once you pass centerline of rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Closer to the center of the rim means clearance issues. Element Wheels said I need about a 38 offset. Finally getting somewhere but the AG M580 has not been made yet. He said they are about $519 plus finishing. Guess Ill play the waiting game

Does Avant Garde drill 5x5/127, or do they actually offer wheels in our bolt pattern?
They drill them

Looking for 21s as well, I want TSW to sell me the 21" Bathurst (forged=30 lbs and no heavier than factory wheels) but they haven't answered as to if they will drill our bolt pattern....
I wanted the Bathurst as well but they never answered me either

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
1. Technically, yes the higher the offset number, the more it tucks. The confusion arises because many people refer to an aggressive fit or offset as a "high offset". So a negative offset is often referred to as a high offset even though it's actually a low offset.

2. The vendor is partially right on offset. If he's referring to off the shelf one piece wheels versus 3 piece, then yes there can be different offset required. We can make any design fit our Jeeps, even though they will stick out and look stupid. The problem is that due to the Jeeps huge brakes, most off the shelf wheel design will not fit with the correct offset. The only way to make them fit is with some stupid offset like +25. Most of the time this is because people want concave wheels. The Jeep is not a concave friendly vehicle. If you insist on concave and want off the shelf, your only options are Concavo and Velgen.

For 3 piece wheels you can play around more. After owning staggered concave, I personally think it's a bad look for the Jeep. If you're going to do concave, get it equal at all 4 wheels. That's just my opinion

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
25 emails between myself and AG reps and 10 times I said, "I want 21x10.5" M580 wheels." They reply over and over that its no problem. Element Wheels finds out that AG does not make the M580 in 21x10.5". Only 20 or 22.

Do I dare go with a 20" M580?

Or go 22" and run the 285/40 hoping a 305/35 comes back?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just ordered some Rennen crl55 wheels 22x10.5 with ******** and the offsets they told him would work are

+27
+32

I referenced @zaimiam's wheels. Same exact set-up, I hope they're right.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Who did you order through? Which color?

I was told the 21s are crossing the ocean in a few weeks so they wont even let me order yet

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Just ordered some Rennen crl55 wheels 22x10.5 with ******** and the offsets they told him would work are

+27
+32

I referenced @zaimiam's wheels. Same exact set-up, I hope they're right.

Can't wait!
Zaimiam is running their forged R55 wheels and he had the rears setup with a deeper concave than they normally do. Did you get yours yet? They fit and tuck nicely?

I am ordering 21s right now but they are saying 32 offset front and rear. If thats what the front needs, Im worried the rears are going to stick out

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hit up zaimiam a few times, he was somewhat helpful. He didnt quite remember some of the specs. I did ask how much his set ran and was somewhat surprised. From the total he gave me I would suspect it is not the forged set-up.

He mentioned he tried running an 11" rear and it didn't work for his suspension so he went 10.5 all around. He doesn't remember the offsets he was given so i went with what Rennen says they gave him.
We will see when the wheels come in. Hopefully a month away

·
Registered
204 Posts
vossen is doing a 10.5 and 11 for me i think they said 32/44 for the offsets. They have one one their site that i thnk has the RM mids on it with this setup. Im going mopar springs so shouldnt be a problem...4-5 weeks to go...

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Well I got 32/32 so we'll see. Have a feeling 2 of the wheels will be going back for machining

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I got 32/32 so we'll see. Have a feeling 2 of the wheels will be going back for machining

We shall see. I'm counting on Chad relaying the message to rennen about making them to zaimiams specs. Last time I talked to Chad about an ETA was two weeks ago and back then he said we were about 3 weeks out. I'd be surprised to see the wheels here next week but it would be a welcomed surprise.

I'm thinking it may be at least another month or so. Once they get here though they're getting installed ASAP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We shall see. I'm counting on Chad relaying the message to rennen about making them to zaimiams specs. Last time I talked to Chad about an ETA was two weeks ago and back then he said we were about 3 weeks out. I'd be surprised to see the wheels here next week but it would be a welcomed surprise.

I'm thinking it may be at least another month or so. Once they get here though they're getting installed ASAP.

u get ur wheels yet bro? how do the offsets fit? should look sic! pics?

·
Registered
53 Posts
No not yet actually. I got an update a few days ago and the wheels haven't even made it to the states yet. I may be cancelling and going with a different wheel if Rennen can't get their ish together. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Thats weird that they didnt get the 22s in when the 21s did. Mine showed up a day or two earlier than they thought.

Do you already have tires? If not you might cancel and go 21. Ill be test mounting a 295/40/21 at lunch tomorrow and will post pics up

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have tires sitting in my garage and no wheels to mount them to.

Cancelled my order with ********, the search continues.

Can't wait to see your wheels!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Damn..I like the Rennens best anyway and was quoted $1800 by the manufacturer for the Jeep. Vendors are usually cheaper, so I'll look around. Here's pics of them on a Jeep in 22x10.5.

What kind of drop do you guys think that is to achieve that height and level?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts