Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in between getting the same offset all around with spacers for the front...or get custom offsets for front & rear...but I can't rotate my tires properly. What would you recommend?

I'm getting 21" rims for sure. Looking at the Rennen CRL55s, Niche Misanos, Niche Stuttgarts, & Velgen VMB5s.

Any input would be nice. Also, spacer recommendation would be appreciated.

Why do some do spacers & others do different offsets? Advantages & disadvantages? Will the same offset cause the rears to stick out some???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Would watch out buying 21" wheels. Buying tires can be a pain in a$$ for that particular size. Or at least it was for my bro and his Infinti FX55s with 21's. Limited selection and not cheap..

My 22's IM running a +35 offset with no spacers and its looks pretty damn perfect to me. LOL but good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would watch out buying 21" wheels. Buying tires can be a pain in a$$ for that particular size. Or at least it was for my bro and his Infinti FX55s with 21's. Limited selection and not cheap..

My 22's IM running a +35 offset with no spacers and its looks pretty damn perfect to me. LOL but good luck with your decision!

There's actually more selection in 21" than 22" for our overall diameter of tire.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've been through a couple of these scenarios. I had different offset front and rear. i did this so I could have deeper concave wheels. It was a horrible idea and I would never do it again on this particular vehicle. I'm over the whole concave thing. Basically concave (where it's not necessary) = a bunch of useless extra weight on your wheels.

with that said.

If you go custom: +40 is the perfect offset for our rigs if you plan to do a moderate drop (Eibach or RM Mids). If you keep the OEM spec camber, the rear is perfect and the front slightly tucks. Zero rubbing. I had +38 before in the rear and they stuck out a little. +45 is the offset you need if you plan to do an aggressive drop (RM Extremes). I don't recommend doing this as they look very goofy in person this low. You will probably rub with a +40 on an extreme drop.

If you buy Concavo/Velgen: Here you can't go less of an offset than +35 and run without spacers (from what I've read). They will poke out a little in the rear but not too bad. Some guys don't see the poke, but I do. What I consider "poke" is when you can see any of the top of the tire directly from the rear. "Perfect" fitment is where the point where the sidewall because the top of the tire is where it meets the fender.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been through a couple of these scenarios. I had different offset front and rear. i did this so I could have deeper concave wheels. It was a horrible idea and I would never do it again on this particular vehicle. I'm over the whole concave thing. Basically concave (where it's not necessary) = a bunch of useless extra weight on your wheels.

with that said.

If you go custom: +40 is the perfect offset for our rigs if you plan to do a moderate drop (Eibach or RM Mids). If you keep the OEM spec camber, the rear is perfect and the front slightly tucks. Zero rubbing. I had +38 before in the rear and they stuck out a little. +45 is the offset you need if you plan to do an aggressive drop (RM Extremes). I don't recommend doing this as they look very goofy in person this low. You will probably rub with a +40 on an extreme drop.

If you buy Concavo/Velgen: Here you can't go less of an offset than +35 and run without spacers (from what I've read). They will poke out a little in the rear but not too bad. Some guys don't see the poke, but I do. What I consider "poke" is when you can see any of the top of the tire directly from the rear. "Perfect" fitment is where the point where the sidewall because the top of the tire is where it meets the fender.

Awesome, I have RM mid drop. I don't care for concavity because it's not that noticeable on our setup...now a Z06 can have alotta concavity. I just want functional, but good looking rims for a daily...nothing overly expensive that I'll be scared to get a scratch or road rash on (I live in New Orleans, so it is bound to happen as a daily driver). Great advise though. I want something I can rotate tires on properly and clears the front brakes with no hassle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like all 3 of those. Those can be made for our lug pattern and offset? Are they quoting you prices?

Have you looked at Avant Garde?

Stuttgarts 1200 a rim. Misanos 350 a rim. CRL55s 450 a rim. VMBs 500 a rim.

I'm pretty set on the Rennens. The price i was given conflicts with the internet pricing though. Internet has a set for about $1200. Rennen directly quoted me $1800.

I saw the avant garde..quality rim, but I like the others better.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
There's actually more selection in 21" than 22" for our overall diameter of tire.
Ahh Could have been since he needed skinny tires as not as much wheel well room on his.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently Niche can only make our size in the forged series so they're actually $1300 each

I could be interested in the Rennens, let me know where you find the best price

Damn..I like the Rennens best anyway and was quoted $1800 by the manufacturer for the Jeep. Vendors are usually cheaper, so I'll look around. Here's pics of them on a Jeep in 22x10.5.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Damn..I like the Rennens best anyway and was quoted $1800 by the manufacturer for the Jeep. Vendors are usually cheaper, so I'll look around. Here's pics of them on a Jeep in 22x10.5.
Ya I saw those a couple weeks ago on some Instagram posts from Russia. They look awesome

They said they were the Rennen RL55s. Like you mentioned though, theres a CRL55 as well. Im hoping it isn't the same issue and they can get a non-forged 21.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Rennen said the CRL55 is similar to the RL. Assuming the RL is forged. They did start making a 21" CRL55 in machined or black with a machined face. They got me in touch with a supplier in New Mexico called Central Tire Shop. He first told me to go 22" with a 265 tire and I laughed. He checked on the 21s and said they are a 30 or 32 offset but they could be "drilled." He said about $1700

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
AudioCityUSA has them at $1299 for a set of 4. They emailed me back and said, "offsets are make to specs if the car you have is the SRT-8 offset you need is a Et.25 Wheels will handle the curve weight of the vehicle no problem."

yikes

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I keep telling AudioCity that I need 38-40 offset and he replies with
Is the Jeep SRT-8? The Brake caliper is not big right? If if doesn't have Brembo brakes then the correct offset is a Et.35. If it does have Brembo's, you will have to run a Et.25 or the brake will hit on the spoke. the higher the offset the more the wheel tucks in, if the number it's Lower the wheel pushes away from the car.. That's the only way wheels will clear the brake caliper I've done about 5-Jeep Cherokee's with Brembos and that's the offset we need it to clear.
I tell him half of that makes no sense. A higher offset or more aggressive offset means more clearance from the calipers

I talked to Rennen about their forged set and they do a 22x10.5 45et front and 22x10.5 38et rear. I sent that back to him for a response.

·
The ModMan
5,763 Posts
I keep telling AudioCity that I need 38-40 offset and he replies with

I tell him half of that makes no sense. A higher offset or more aggressive offset means more clearance from the pistons

I talked to Rennen about their forged set and they do a 22x10.5 45et front and 22x10.5 38et rear. I sent that back to him for a response.
LOL, so you need to educate this guy?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
LOL, so you need to educate this guy?
Im about done with this guy. Now hes claiming that the offset changes if Im using a 3 piece or a 1 piece wheel.

Yes but that's a 3-piece wheel, when you purchase a 1-piece wheels the center part of the wheel stays the same the only thing you can really do on a wheel is shave the back pad of the wheel to were it barely clears caliper that's the reason it requires a lower offset. 3-piece wheels are tailored built for the vehicle and they'll fit like a glove but they're pricier... Takes 4-5 weeks to built them..
Offset is offset! lol I dont care if they are the cheapest, he wont do what I ask. Onto the next vendor. WHYUMAD have you found a vendor with half a brain yet?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts