Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: After some research, I only got one simple question;

Is the MyGig of my 2010 1.5 DIN? I see that every Kenwood is Double-Din, and after reading a little, people say you have to trim the bezel in order to fit a double-din.

But also, I see in Google some people saying that MyGig is Double-Din... So I'm a little confused.

Are there any good 1.5 Din navigations out there?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone knows? Will I be able to fit a double Din in my 2010 if I take out the MyGig RER?

·
Registered
806 Posts
according to wikipedia 1 din in us mesurements is 2"x7" 2 din is 4"x 7" youll have to do the metric equiv. I would suggest calling crutchfield but um yea from bogota probably not but you could email them and ask maybe

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes, the mygig RER is considered a 'din and a half' unit.

the easiest way around this if you don't want to go hacking things up is to order the bezel that came on the 06-07 jeeps with the Double-din REC navigation system.
then, you could go ahead and order any Double-din unit you want, but be sure to get everything you need in order to retain factory controllability! PAC makes great products for this.

Otherwise, if you don't feel like changing the bezel out for the older style(they are easily swappable) then you will have to hack up the factory one. And I HEAVILY advise you find somebody with a very steady hand to do the cutting. Somebody like a professional welder would have the steadiness you need, as if it's not cut nicely...it will aggravate you for years to come. Very easy to mess up.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well due to all the problems I'd have to go through for this, I've decided I'm going to try and get another stock MyGIG or keep mine the way it is... I think the HDD is damaged or something.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed the alpine INA_w910 bt navigation after the stock nav went stupied on me. That crap would sometimes come on and sometimes don't,making the backup camera useless. This started hapenning after my warranty was over so i went towards the aftermarket. Yes its a double din

1 - 6 of 6 Posts