Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed the Fri cam,UD pulley,85tb today and after like 50 mile the car accidentaly have a weird squeaking sound from the engine, i stooped the car looked under the hood to check if it is a belt problem but its not!
plz anybody can help will be very appreciated
thanx

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i installed the Fri cam,UD pulley,85tb today and after like 50 mile the car accidentaly have a weird squeaking sound from the engine, i stooped the car looked under the hood to check if it is a belt problem but its not!
plz anybody can help will be very appreciated
thanx

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
You sure you tighten down the crank bolt to 129 ft-lb?

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as what i search from the net it could be maybe a camshaft synchronizer other than that till now i dont know, i felt the electric power is waving as well my batterey is weak but before the ud pulley the power was stable even when the battery was bad,

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Did you get the correct size belt to use with the UD pulley? If your battery isn't charging like it should, could be the belt slipping. The tensioner doesn't have enough travel to keep proper tension on a stock belt using a UD pulley.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Did you get the correct size belt to use with the UD pulley? If your battery isn't charging like it should, could be the belt slipping. The tensioner doesn't have enough travel to keep proper tension on a stock belt using a UD pulley.
yeah, im assuming you changed your belt when you did the pulley. it does sound like slippage.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys i did change the belt but the probliem isnt a pulley probliem,the sound came from insida the engine , but it could be my piston damged?
i drived it just 3 hours after the cam insttallation,the mechanic want to put the blame on me cause if i drived it at WOT or the problem with the cam it sielf he is saying!

man it is nightmare till tomorow than everything will clear up

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Guys i did change the belt but the probliem isnt a pulley probliem,the sound came from insida the engine , but it could be my piston damged?
i drived it just 3 hours after the cam insttallation,the mechanic want to put the blame on me cause if i drived it at WOT or the problem with the cam it sielf he is saying!

Keep us updated with what they say!

·
Registered
27 Posts
you might have an issue with a bad cam bearing. THe bearing might of been knicked or damaged on install.
if your timing was not set right you would get codes and piston slap which would sound a lot worse than a whine.

Again if i had to guess its a cam bearing or a cam that was not ground correctly. !!!! not the first wont be the last.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Was the Jeep tuned after you put the cam in? Which cam is it? Just to make sure it's not a belt issue, remove the belt and crank it up for a 5-10 seconds. DON'T RUN IT FOR A LONG TIME WITHOUT THE BELT. If it's quiet, then it was a belt issue..... if it's still there, then like Jon said, probably a bearing issue. Good luck.

Reactions: Painlord

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Good call....didn't even think of the bearing....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

Thats funny cuz when Ekaz and I installed my Cam I took my beast around the Block and went WOT on the beast right away and no issues...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hope it is like what u said

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was the Jeep tuned after you put the cam in? Which cam is it? Just to make sure it's not a belt issue, remove the belt and crank it up for a 5-10 seconds. DON'T RUN IT FOR A LONG TIME WITHOUT THE BELT. If it's quiet, then it was a belt issue..... if it's still there, then like Jon said, probably a bearing issue. Good luck.
Sure i did exactly like u said,turned off and the cam is the FRI little boy +4 and i removed the belt and i cranked it up and the sounds still persist!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
johan is the man he is the greatest with all due respect for other tuners he did his job well, i was recording the logs he asked me about the problem happened with the log recording plus when it was happened it was with the new tune, he also point on my o2 sensor that passenger side that causing the car not perform for what it should be...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Throttle body issue?

It's hard to diagnose the problem without being able to see or hear whats going on.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
yea if all is installed correct then going wot even on a email tune isnt the worst thing int he world. just holding wot or going to a track is a nono.
Just for the record , When I installed mine (Fri Lilboy CAM same as he's ) I ran stock tune , and after 20 mles I went WOT with no issues , I them installed a johan tune from there . That cam works with stock tune with no issues . GL and hope you get it fixed soon .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.