Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to pull the trigger on the Borla ATAK cat-back and just be done with it. But after talking to local muffler shop, he suggested the AFE exhaust system. He said it was more cost effective and it has a deeper/throatier sound than the Borla which he said is more "crackly" than deep.

This is the system I am looking at https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-48053-mach-force-xp-3-409-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

Anyone else have an AFE? I know the stainless steel is different grade than Borla but I live in So Cal, no snow and rarely rains, plus I doubt I will keep my SRT more than another 4-5 years before I want something faster. thoughts? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just snagged the setup online. Excited to get it installed. Did you install your own or have it done?

·
Registered
114 Posts
My jeep that i picked up already had a afe catback on it. Actually sounds really good but it is starting to rust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes. The 416 seems to get surface rust. They have a new 304 stainless that i have, and ran it thru a Michigan winter with no rust. looks great.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with resonators. Sounds great, a little drone when in 8th gear and it goes into eco mode. I'm in the process of getting tune to get rid of eco mode.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I bought their CAI and 304 exhaust about 6 weeks ago. I chose AFE because of the sound, Borla was to loud. I got 20% off when they had their 20th anniversary sale, good deal and the sound is amazing.

Reactions: VprGts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have both the AFE momentum gt intake and exhaust. Also the county I live in, in Pennsylvania has zero emissions. My cats are also gutted. I’m kind of new to the community. Have diablosport T2 tuner. Not installed yet. In need of or have to have the pcm unlocked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts