Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, firstly thanks for the hard work out in. I personally wish the old site layout was still an option, just because I like the old school format. A few things to point out that are pretty big I would love to suggest for this new site.

- Date/Time stamps on posts. Currently the only dates shown are the “Member joined”, which isn’t too helpful. Date stamps on posts are very crucial for the obvious.

- looking at the whole forum listing, the right column that used to show the most recent post/topic (and date/time) is now extinct. Because the site is overflowing with activity 24/7, this was great to see which sub-forum had some new activity vs users my be reluctant to even check in because they might not be aware of new activity.

- Seems loading the site on mobile is broke currently

- uploading a picture via server in messages is broken and produced an error

I’m sure there plenty you’re aware of and working on a thousand things, but those first two suggestions or SUPER functional and important. The site feels pretty stagnant without them as you just can’t “see” activity and puts off a boneyard vibe.

·
Super Moderator
10,911 Posts
Another issue is moderators can't change the Prefixes on threads, like changing For Sale to Sold

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
565 Posts
Hey guys, firstly thanks for the hard work out in. I personally wish the old site layout was still an option, just because I like the old school format. A few things to point out that are pretty big I would love to suggest for this new site.

- Date/Time stamps on posts. Currently the only dates shown are the “Member joined”, which isn’t too helpful. Date stamps on posts are very crucial for the obvious.

- looking at the whole forum listing, the right column that used to show the most recent post/topic (and date/time) is now extinct. Because the site is overflowing with activity 24/7, this was great to see which sub-forum had some new activity vs users my be reluctant to even check in because they might not be aware of new activity.

- Seems loading the site on mobile is broke currently

- uploading a picture via server in messages is broken and produced an error

I’m sure there plenty you’re aware of and working on a thousand things, but those first two suggestions or SUPER functional and important. The site feels pretty stagnant without them as you just can’t “see” activity and puts off a boneyard vibe.
There is a time stamp on every post. If you hover your cursor over it you will see the exact date and time.

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Have you tried accessing it from your phone browser yet? Try it and let me know what you think! :)

I haven't seen issues with uploading images yet. Can you tell me which browser and device you are using so I can try to troubleshoot this for you? Also, what process are you using to upload the image?

Test uploading image.

We have an announcment and feedback thread for the new platform here.
https://www.cherokeesrt8.com/threads/we-are-now-live-community-feedback-thread.259473/

Another issue is moderators can't change the Prefixes on threads, like changing For Sale to Sold

I believe they are working on this. Can you post this feedback in the mod section to verify this?

- Cricket

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry... I just can't get behind any of it. Way too cumbersome. You can't "hover" on mobile or tablet.

-The date of user creation on threads titles is pointless and should go... what is important is the date and the time of the last post (not "7 days ago") and there should be a preview to the right on all platforms so you can see if it is even relevant.

- The "new posts" method is way too vague - I don't want to see uncategorized new posts throughout the whole site. The old site allowed me to hide all WK2 activity and focus on active WK1 topics. This isn't a bad feature, but to take away everything else is hindering keeping this site alive.

You shouldn't have to go through multiple steps when you just want to get to the point browsing and so many pertinent pieces of info are now hidden and/or to convoluted to even access. Not trying to be a downer here, but I can already see activity is down and I personally find myself frustrated to the point of just sticking to other forums or FB anymore as the old site (albeit a little date aesthetically) was miles ahead in functionality than where this one sits currently. If I could help I would offer, but I do feel the need to express multual feelings to the new format as many people are just moving to facebook... which is not as cool as what this site used to be. Just don't want to see this site go the way of archived!

·
Administrator
565 Posts
I'm sorry... I just can't get behind any of it. Way too cumbersome. You can't "hover" on mobile or tablet.

-The date of user creation on threads titles is pointless and should go... what is important is the date and the time of the last post (not "7 days ago") and there should be a preview to the right on all platforms so you can see if it is even relevant.

- The "new posts" method is way too vague - I don't want to see uncategorized new posts throughout the whole site. The old site allowed me to hide all WK2 activity and focus on active WK1 topics. This isn't a bad feature, but to take away everything else is hindering keeping this site alive.

You shouldn't have to go through multiple steps when you just want to get to the point browsing and so many pertinent pieces of info are now hidden and/or to convoluted to even access. Not trying to be a downer here, but I can already see activity is down and I personally find myself frustrated to the point of just sticking to other forums or FB anymore as the old site (albeit a little date aesthetically) was miles ahead in functionality than where this one sits currently. If I could help I would offer, but I do feel the need to express multual feelings to the new format as many people are just moving to facebook... which is not as cool as what this site used to be. Just don't want to see this site go the way of archived!
Just a thought...

You could accomplish this by only following those forums that you are interested in.

The when accessing "new posts" set your filters to only display followed content. (make it the default.)

Just in case you aren't certain how to access new posts...

How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the popular button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

Let me know if this helps.

- Cricket

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I am giving it a try. Still feels cumbersome as it is nice scrolling down the head page and seeign activity and a preview.

At the very least the "12 days ago" setup really should just be a date and timestamp. No hovering or popup. Just cut and clear. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,911 Posts
Something is going on with photos again. Here is what I see and it is doing it in this very thread. Using Tapatalk if that matters.

·
Administrator
565 Posts
Something is going on with photos again. Here is what I see and it is doing it in this very thread. Using Tapatalk if that matters.

We are looking into this issue now. Thank you for the screenshot that helps us escalate the issue.

~Austin

·
Super Moderator
10,911 Posts
We are looking into this issue now. Thank you for the screenshot that helps us escalate the issue.

~Austin
Nothing has changed. August 11

·
Administrator
5,844 Posts
Nothing has changed. August 11

Hey Chad. Actually this may be a Tapatalk issue not the new forum software. I was just on LXF and images are displayed with the same gobbledygook as is seen here. LFX is still using Vbulletin.

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
565 Posts
This is a tapatalk issue. We are aware and are working with tapatalk support. In the mean time, the site should work fine on your mobile browser too. No need for a third party app to use the site on your phone.
-Philip

·
Registered
103 Posts
Would it be possible to show where the member lives (country/state/province) and show it below their screen name without clicking on their screen name to find out? It worked well on another site before VerticalScope redesigned it.

·
Administrator
565 Posts
Would it be possible to show where the member lives (country/state/province) and show it below their screen name without clicking on their screen name to find out? It worked well on another site before VerticalScope redesigned it.
Depending on your device, you can hover over an avatar in the thread to view the location.

- Cricket

1 - 14 of 14 Posts