Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and found nothing about these.

I was just poking around on Summit looking for shocks and ran across these SPC Performance Offset Ball Joints. Would these be another option from the JeepinByAl controll arms for use with lowering springs? Their website says it's can be used on lowered vehicles with the included jounce spacers...

I'm not one to know a damn thing about suspension, so I'm just curious if I can dig some info out of some of the suspension gurus.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Taylor, we may have adjustable lower and upper control arms coming soon....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got info that you're holding out on me!? Should I be talking to that sneak Skip!?

By the way, FTI converter is great. Some getting used to, but great.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
What's your stall?

Shhhhh...... No names! Lol!

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3600. Hows your drivetrain behaving?

You keep me in the loop!

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
I will bro. But you have the same connect's as me. Lol! My drive train is soon to be all good. I don't know what my stall is but was assured "it will fry the tires off from Oregon to Carolina" hahaha! Bill has a great sense of humor.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I have the upper control arms from jeepinbyal... sweet setup.

Roll Out..

[/IMG]

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I ran the JBA control arms too, good stuff. I heard the adjustable ball joints didn't work well. Rose City knows about this stuff search his posts. I would do the JBA CA over the BJs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have them and they work nicely. boots can come undone during install because of crazy angles during install, but once loaded with wheel on, perfect.
Cool to know that somebody tried them with good results. What kind of springs do you have on your rig?

The JeepinByAl arms are great I'm sure, but at half the cost, for something that might work as well... For those of you with them, what are the "sensor link brackets" mentioned on JBA website?

I'll be curious to see what these new upper and lower control arms bring to the table.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Talking with Skip he said the upper and lower adjustable arms are for the rear and to correct the angle of the driveline do to the lowering of the ride. We may get some solution though for the front eventually. Patience though.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rear pieces would be dope. JBA arms and these adjustable ball joints are out there.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Cool to know that somebody tried them with good results. What kind of springs do you have on your rig?

The JeepinByAl arms are great I'm sure, but at half the cost, for something that might work as well... For those of you with them, what are the "sensor link brackets" mentioned on JBA website?

I'll be curious to see what these new upper and lower control arms bring to the table.
Eibach. Strrrrretch..... Those arms are extremely solid and sturdy.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have had them on for over a year & have had no issue's. But, I have bottomed out a few times for not knowing the road ahead of me. But most of the time you cant even tell you have them on. I always stay away from the messed up roads as thudding could get me upset. other then that it rides cherry ! :cool: even with the eibach's on there. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
These ball joints do not work for our rigs due to shock tower interference.
Rose City, they do work. as I have them on my Baby. now the thing is that if you do hit a pot hole or bump pretty hard, you will hear the thud in the front. so im always on the look out when I drive on roads im not familiar with. but since I drive mostly on the freeway I have no issue's with them. ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Rose City, they do work. as I have them on my Baby. now the thing is that if you do hit a pot hole or bump pretty hard, you will hear the thud in the front. so im always on the look out when I drive on roads im not familiar with. but since I drive mostly on the freeway I have no issue's with them. ;)
Well, they will fit and the suspension will work OK, but I found the shock tower interference to be intolerable. It sounds like you are able to drive such that the problem is minimized. More power to you!

When I first encountered it, the WHACK was quite jarring! Sorry, but not for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.