Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd put money on it alot of you guys are like me, buy something, have fun, mod it, but eventually get bored and buy something else, and some new toys have my attention.

I always wanted a 300srt8, 4 drs fit the kids, like an executive hot rod. Loaded brilliant black '10, very nice price to move, loved it, but not more than my gc. Sure it was smoother and had more room, I expected to be excited about a new toy, but I was suprised, I was glad I have my gc, it suits me better.

There wasn't any chargers, but there was a chally the dealer is motivated to move, a yellow '10 with some goodies allready in place.

She has a vortech, stainless headers/exhaust, lowered, carbon fiber hood all the full load factory options. It has been tuned on a dyno down in Vancouver bc. The drive was interesting. The all season goodyears were useless, the traction control fights the car steady, looking around the hump in the hood would take getting used to, and thanks to the tires the rear end will get snakey on the highway when you kick down at 60mph with the TC off, so I'm liking it:D I can see removing all the chrome, semi gloss black the wheels, nt05's are needed. It really felt strange to drive, low to the ground, twitchy, gobs of feedback from our crappy roads, it didn't feel planted very well. About 15 minutes into my drive I turned off the TC for the remainder, MUUUUCH better, and looking at the nasty scalloped wear on the rear tires, this thing desparately needed tires under it. It's roomier up front, can fit me and the family, but I hate parking toys for half the year, so by default I must keep my gc.

The down side of this, there's money tied up in this car, I could easily buy a clearance '10 and do the same cheaper myself. There's also a few vipers on the lot, a green acr and a graphite final edition, both coupes, the acr is not priced all that well, but the graphite is priced very well, and I've always wanted a viper. DO I want to row through a manual trans again, and the roads here suck, I can't take the kids, BONUS!! We'll see how far that road takes me. I could always leave any of these down in the Kelowna house during the winter since it's mild down there compared to this snowy hell I live in, jump on a plane and enjoy for a weekend, better yet drive down my gc. There's some very nicely priced used '06-'08 vipers available right now too.

Either way, I'm doing FI on my gc, this weekend helped remind me why I wanted a gc srt8 in the first place, and a bump in power will make it that much better.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I'd go with either the yellow chally (dark tint and satin black wheels would make it look sick !!) or the graphite viper. Totally different cars IMO but either one would be a fun ride. Viper would get more looks (and its a VIPER) but the Chally has a back seat (if that is a need, since you do have the jeep still) and go fast mods already. Although, it is a bit scary buying a car with added mods like that. never know what you are getting into.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I saw that car when I was passing through in Mid May. Nice ride! They do have some nice stuff at that dealer.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I would go with the viper.....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Viper all the way!!!, it can be ur w-end warrior and the gC the daily driver(that's my plan!!!):D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gc is already the "sunday cruiser", I'm frothing over this final edition, just beautiful!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The final edition sold, been too busy with new house and selling old one, let alone trying to do this crap around work, the chally is still there, as is the acr..... They're really dropping price on the acr YEA!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts