Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got a chance to take my new rig down the 1/4 mile at our track rental. Overall very happy with the results.

Made a total of 18 passes throughout the day with a range of 4psi to 8.5psi. On and off some race gas. For starters here is how the rig was setup

2008 wk1
-AD Motorsportz 75mm single turbo kit
-ID1000S
-SHR gen3 viking w/ 3800 PT stall
-AEM Truboost controller
-17" welds with hoosier/m&h combo
-3/4 tank of c16
-full weight and interior
-everything else is BONE stock
-tuned with HP tuners ***INCLUDING TCM!!!***

So we started the day out on stock 20s with good year run craps on 4psi of boost. It was netting me 12.0s @112mph with 1.7-1.8 60fts. No fun for me.

We then slowly turned the boost up to where I started seeing 11.5-11.6 @ 6-7psi with high 1.5-1.6 60fts spinning the stock tires. In the process I did take down 2 slightly modified GTRs. But that's besides the point haha. So it was time to see what we could do.

We swapped on the drag wheels setup, turned boost as high as Controller would let us go (8.5psi due to soft spring in wastegate) and let her eat.

Launching at 5-6psi I was able to pull off a 1.49 and 1.51 60fts with slight wheel spin. Finished my last 2 passes with a...

11.1 @ 121mph... peaking at 8.5psi and tapering down slightly at higher RPM.

So over all I am very happy with how she performed for my first time out. Think we got her dialed in nicely on at safe tune as well. We are in the process of changing out through wastegate spring to set her around 8psi as a minimum which should allow for the 13-14psi we are hunting for out of the stock motor. Here's all quick video of my 1.49 60ft and 11.1 pass.

1443435768442.jpg

https://youtu.be/9V4Ms0p4xWY

·
Registered
914 Posts
Glad to see that Jeep finally hitting the track with the turbo set-up.

Reactions: SYCK SRT

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Untouchable

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Awesome Jeremy! Love the setup! What air pressure are you running on the 1.49 pass?

·
Registered
914 Posts
When can I buy that Jeep back?

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: HemiRamOn22s

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hopefully that will make 2 of us soon
You read my mind! It's amazing that it now takes a 10.80 to make the first page of the timeslips. If I recall correctly, when I first got into the 11s (11.96) that was fairly easily in the top 20, maybe 15. Now, I'm #40, but likely not for long with no improvements.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You read my mind! It's amazing that it now takes a 10.80 to make the first page of the timeslips. If I recall correctly, when I first got into the 11s (11.96) that was fairly easily in the top 20, maybe 15. Now, I'm #40, but likely not for long with no improvements.
Time and technology will do this. Regardless your times are very impressive for a street car no matter how you look at it. Let's shoot to get you on the first page already lol

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Nice runs performed well Jeremy!

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice runs performed well Jeremy!
Thanks jose!

Jeremy,
Great job! Easy 10's. Let the motor eat! With a centri blower our boost curve is different but I have been 11+ psi on this stock motor for a while and it wants more.

Keep it up :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks bud! I was planning on going to 14psi... stupid boost controller.

Next time I'll be set. I suspect a new record for us in the near future

How's your chase for the 10s?

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Nice pass Sykk...I'm glad you are having fun :D

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
It was a great day out we had a bunch of Trackburger bets but Dukee who ran an
11.40 with a procharger on stock motor whipped out a hundo and bought all comers.
AD boyz were busy racing or entertaining their track hotties:banana_hitit:
My only complaint is some of the fast street cars were allowed to run clocks off.
All the spectators hate that shit, but obviously a necessary evil for street racers:boohoo:
Hope to have a new rig ready for the next one!
Nice work AD Motorsports

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We know you like to see a time bud. But the grudge racers wouldn't have come if their times showed. It's a necessary evil for some of our customers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts