Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 2013 SRT8. I've owned it since it was new and have taken good care of it. Intermittently, between 38-42 mph, the vehicle "pauses". (I'm not sure how else to describe it) The engine doesn't stall, it just won't accelerate. It happens most often when I am going up a hill but will occasionally do it on a flat road as well. When it happens it lasts for 10-30 seconds. I've tried feathering and flooring the accelerator, (RPMs do not go up and stay at about 3000) paddle shifting to a new gear, and switching to sport mode. Nothing helps. It just eventually roars back to life and away I go. It doesn't feel like a transmission issue since the engine doesn't respond to the input from the pedal. I've taken it to the dealer and test drove it with them so they could see the issue themselves which they did. The tech says he thinks it is something in the peddle but is not willing to switch out such an expensive part (despite the warranty I purchased) unless he can say for sure it is that part. Has anyone else experienced this before? Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts