Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning nothing but SRTs since 2005. 2005 SRT-10 RC, (2) 2006 300c SRT8s, 2008 GCSRT8, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 GCSRT8, 2011 Challenger IE SRT8 For a total of 7. I still have the 2005 SRT-10 the 2010 GCSRT8 and the 2011 Challenger IE SRT8. I bought the 2010 GCSRT8 because I knew there wasn't going to be a 2011, so I have been waiting for the 2012 for better than a year. I almost S*&^ when I saw the price of the 2012 GCSRT8, it's not that I can't afford the $65,000 for the GCSRT8 I can but I can't see paying that kind of money for a JEEP. Have the people at Chrysler lost their Minds????

So today I spent a few hours with a Caddy Dealer and I think I'm going to get the CTSV Wagon over the GCSRT8. This will be the 1st. NEW Non Chrysler Product I will have purchased since 1960. The Caddy will only be $2,000 more and it will have a Man. 6 Speed and be Supercharged plus it should be faster.

How do you People feel about my Thinking here.

Jack

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Why don't you just enjoy your nearly new 2010 for another year until either the price drops, or they add some more features to the Jeep?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Stage 6 can make your Jeep faster than the wagon, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. A manual in the CTS-V wagon would be fun.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I agree with the others. What's the rush that is forcing you to buy a performance vehicle at this moment? If you want more oomph, mod the Jeep you already have. You'll save $50000 even if you go absolutely nuts with it!

·
Miss Understood
13,911 Posts
i dont like the wagon u should go with the sedan thats hot

Reactions: Colt

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nothing hot about that Wagon . looks like a Saab to me .. Trow a Blower on your 10 and enjoy it ..

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Ok so if you are desperate to spend $65,000 right now :confused: then yeah I would say a CTS-V sedan (I think the wagons are really ugly) is a much better option than the 2012 Jeep. But if you don't have to spend that cash and you are looking for a fast street vehicle and a great one considering bang for buck, just keep your 2010 and like others have said either throw a turbo on it or a SC. Save yourself tens of thousands of dollars and have a faster vehicle.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
It sounds to me like you like your vehicles to come with power rather than adding power.
If you were looking for a deal I have a front mount intercooles 1500 paxton setup that I would install on
Your jeep for 5k tuned out the door
. If you decide to sell in the future we will
Unbolt and you will have no evidence of ever been modded. We won't cut anything.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I think the CTS-V wagon is bad a$$. If I had the dough to pick one up I definitely would, especially over the new GCSRT8. I would trade out those yellow calipers for red though.
I say go ahead and do it, the CTS line is sick!!!

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
those V's are sick, you can pick up used ones for a pretty good price. So are you planning on getting rid of the jeep for one? I'd ditch the challenger if there is a choice, cause then you still have the SUV. Just wait a month and see if you still want the caddy, personally I would just throw a supercharger on the jeep or a turbo and go from there cause I'm sure that would make you more than happy for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price vs. Value

I actually think Jeep will limit buyers rather than expand the buyer pool by going too upscale.
I would think most of us who pre-ordered the SRT8 and then canceled could pay cash. With the price increases value is lost, I prefer value to price. Also, no Chrysler Affiliate Program, that makes the difference between an Overland (Affiliate) and SRT8 (MSRP) a $19K difference. You have the make $32k just to keep $19k. Those who finance, are at $10,000 down and over $800/month. A lot tougher to swing than the expected modest price increase across the rest of the GC lineup.
If they just kept the Affiliate Program, $995 for stereo and no Lux Grp II, I'd still be in at $53K+/-. Its too bad about the price, but that's the way of the road.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Get the black with yellow caliper Cadi! That wagon is absolutely bad ass.

Insane amounts of power or not, everytime I see one of those wagons around I fall to the floor laughing, they are hideous. The CTS-V sedans are nice though, only thing that gets me is its RWD and I need something AWD for sure.

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
How do we feel about your thinking?

The last thing I'd do is look for car buying opinions and approval on the forums....I make my own decisions....

But that's just me....

Btw that wagon looks like a mini SRX

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Insane amounts of power or not, everytime I see one of those wagons around I fall to the floor laughing, they are hideous. The CTS-V sedans are nice though, only thing that gets me is its RWD and I need something AWD for sure.
Remove the badges and you got yourself a very fast sleeper. Nothing wrong there. I do agree it's not the prettiest car out there but it's surely one of the baddest! Especially the wagon IMHO.

Just like this Volvo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ymi0xkErqWI

:D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Get the black with yellow caliper Cadi! That wagon is absolutely bad ass.

Not to hurt your feelings 5000 but my 2010 GCSRT8 looks a hell of a lot better than your Caddy. Maybe I'll just keep the JEEP and SC the Chally, the GCSRT8 is our Daily Driver. Or something I've wanted to do since I bought it back in 2005 is put dual SCs on the Viper Truck, there are a few things I can do and end up with a new TOY. The more I think about it the Caddy was a bad Idea, for me any how.

Thaks for all of your inputs.
Jack

P.S. Yellow Brembos Suck.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It sounds to me like you like your vehicles to come with power rather than adding power.
If you were looking for a deal I have a front mount intercooles 1500 paxton setup that I would install on
Your jeep for 5k tuned out the door
. If you decide to sell in the future we will
Unbolt and you will have no evidence of ever been modded. We won't cut anything.
Do you do SCs?

Jack

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Not to hurt your feelings 5000 but my 2010 GCSRT8 looks a hell of a lot better than your Caddy. Maybe I'll just keep the JEEP and SC the Chally, the GCSRT8 is our Daily Driver. Or something I've wanted to do since I bought it back in 2005 is put dual SCs on the Viper Truck, there are a few things I can do and end up with a new TOY. The more I think about it the Caddy was a bad Idea, for me any how.

Thaks for all of your inputs.
Jack

P.S. Yellow Brembos Suck.
Not my caddy!!! lol. Wish it was.

Whatever floats your boat man. Some think the Jeep looks like a brick, oh well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts