Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put the AAC Halos on their vehicle personally? I cannot get the lens seperated on the headlight unit. Please Help!
This is for a 2008 model.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hit up Dc special he does custom work for headlights.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
askero. i posted in the other one but didnt realize you had an 08. how long have you tried heating it? it may take longer to do it. Dan may know some tricks for the 08+ headlights.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok ill ask him. I've put it in for 15 min @250 degrees. Couldn't do it so I put it in longer and it started too come up a little bit, but it feels like the plastic is going to snap. It is extremely difficult. I wish I knew it would be this hard to install...

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Be very, very careful if you are trying to separate your stock headlights.

I honestly don't think you will be able to do it by yourself......and it is very tricky to do without any damage to the headlight. We have done 15-20 OEM sets so far, but there are two of us and we have a lot of experience so we don't really have any trouble with them.

The sealant used on the OEM 08-10 lights will not soften with heat. The plastic will soften before the sealant ever does.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so if it doesn't soften with heat, how did you open it? Half of it seems like it will and the other half seems like its that rubbery stuff that won't.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could I buy 07 headlights and put them on those. Will it even fit on my car?

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
We still use heat. But it doesn't make it nice and soft like other sealants would get. It is possible to get them apart. It is more feel than anything. I have seen quite a few broken sets from people attempting to do their own. Generally you can never tell we opened them short of the new sealant on them. But we have it down to a science now.

Bumper is different on 08-10 vs. 06-07. So, if you wanted to get a new set of lights that is easier to open, I would recommend buying an aftermarket OEM replacement set. They will open easier than OEM.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Dont waist your time or money trying to do this yourself when there is someone that can and does do them for you....Dan does great work and its worth the money to have your lights done right...trust me in the long run you will save money just buying from him..I had thousands of $$$ of trial and error before he started doing them.

WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Oh and do a past search on my posts to see pics and Vid if you want to see how great:rolleyes: a job AAC did with the first set I had done..and then what I had to do to fix them..

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Dont waist your time or money trying to do this yourself when there is someone that can and does do them for you....Dan does great work and its worth the money to have your lights done right...trust me in the long run you will save money just buying from him..I had thousands of $$$ of trial and error before he started doing them.

WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Oh and do a past search on my posts to see pics and Vid if you want to see how great:rolleyes: a job AAC did with the first set I had done..and then what I had to do to fix them..

Thanks for the recommendation, Ross :D

Funny thing about your halos......those weren't even meant for a jeep headlight, but with a little modding we got them to fit pretty nicely ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts