Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very close to pulling the trigger and ordering an SRT8, but I have some questions about the iPod interface. I have an iPod Classic, and I am wondering how it integrates with the audio system. I assume I would hook it up using the USB interface in the center armrest. Is this correct? Will I be able to access my folders/artists and control the iPod through the vehicle's touchscreen? What about voice control? I'm also interested to know if the album art is displayed on the screen during playback. Thanks!

· Speed Junkie
483 Posts
The answer to all your questions is yes. You will have two USB ports one in center console and one on head unit. You will have access to your playlist on the screen with voice control as well as the album art.
The only tricky thing I've encountered is the specific version of iTunes on your device ,not sure if your a techy and would have updated your iPod regularly but it may not recognize an older version.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
There's Bluetooth capability too. I hook my iPhone 4s up via Bluetooth and it works just like being connected via USB. There is also an aux input jack as well to just stream music. Plenty of ways to get it working haha. Plus you have the VES connection in the rear lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
405 Posts
only issue i found is my really old white 40gig ipod that did work in my '10 didn't work in the '12. so i pulled the slightly newer 80gig from my gtr and it worked in the '12. luckily the old 40gig works in the gtr so i still have ipods connected to both cars.

and yes, bt streaming works. don't really use it though because i don't keep much music on my iphone and it eats into the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.