Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my previous vehicle I went through numerous revisions of e-mail tunes and although the results were great, I still feel like I left something on the table without having a proper A/F gauge/datalogging setup. I have some confusion as to what exactly I need but here is a list of what I think I need:
-Laptop Computer
-Innovate LC-1 http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
-Gauge of my choise(optional for the purpose of datalogging)
So is that all I need?

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Just get a trinity and an LC-1 no gauge and a computer. That's all you need.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just get a trinity and an LC-1 no gauge and a computer. That's all you need.
Of all the mounting options for the Trinity, there really is not one that I really like the look of that blends with the interior.

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Well that is your best option for whoever tunes your Jeep. They will have to watch your predator log and your A/F log separately.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is your best option for whoever tunes your Jeep. They will have to watch your predator log and your A/F log separately.
So will the Trinity log them simultaneously in the same log?

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Yes . Or you could buy the new intune which is like a predator but can log analog inputs such as A/F

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Of all the mounting options for the Trinity, there really is not one that I really like the look of that blends with the interior.
The Trinity is definitely the way to go for tuning, logging, and monitoring. I was stuck in the old skool with my predator and laptop and cables everywhere trying to watch the a/f gauge.

Now, I can set up a log in seconds and will capture everything I need my tuner to see. It can download a new tune into your jeep in about 30 seconds.

It does suction cup to the inside of the windshield and isn't the smallest thing in the world but I love it. While driving you can monitor alot parameters. If you mount it as deep as possible into the corner of the windshield and hide the cables it looks very clean.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Trinity is definitely the way to go for tuning, logging, and monitoring. I was stuck in the old skool with my predator and laptop and cables everywhere trying to watch the a/f gauge.

Now, I can set up a log in seconds and will capture everything I need my tuner to see. It can download a new tune into your jeep in about 30 seconds.

It does suction cup to the inside of the windshield and isn't the smallest thing in the world but I love it. While driving you can monitor alot parameters. If you mount it as deep as possible into the corner of the windshield and hide the cables it looks very clean.
Any mount pictures you can share?

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Doesn't load tunes but I already had a predator for that

It does monitor the trans temps which the trinity cant

Going to be running two LC-1 on it, to monitor both sides. With a decent size memory card you can log to your hearts content

IMO looks a lot cleaner looking than the trinity, all touch screen except the power on button

Just had to remove the sunglass holder but love that the interior of my jeep looks stock unless you really look for it

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Doesn't load tunes but I already had a predator for that

It does monitor the trans temps which the trinity cant

Going to be running two LC-1 on it, to monitor both sides. With a decent size memory card you can log to your hearts content

IMO looks a lot cleaner looking than the trinity, all touch screen except the power on button

Just had to remove the sunglass holder but love that the interior of my jeep looks stock unless you really look for it
You can mount a trinity up there also.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeep Trick,
So what display system are you using?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Jeep Trick,
So what display system are you using?
Sorry, its a Dashdaq

http://www.dashdaq.com/

The one showed on there site is the older one, the new XL is all black and has a slightly larger screen

And the auto off works perfectly, turn the car off and it starts a shut down clock and turns itself off. I know some had issues with the trinity in that respect and I don't know if its been addressed or not. Im sure someone can pipe in on that matter

I am curios as to why trinity owners didn't buy a Dashdaq instead, if they just weren't aware of it, not having the option to load tunes (This is a sincere question, what was the reason?) And I'm not saying one is better or worse, just throwing out an alternative

·
Super Moderator
11,041 Posts
Sorry, its a Dashdaq

http://www.dashdaq.com/

The one showed on there site is the older one, the new XL is all black and has a slightly larger screen

And the out off works perfectly, turn the car off and it starts a shut down clock and turns itself off. I know some had issues with the trinity in that respect and I don't know if its been addressed or not. Im sure someone can pipe in on that matter

It has. Don't put it in the location Harrison had it and all is good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mine mounted how Chad's (CMN1) is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts