Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to installing my 9500ci over thanksgiving weekend. I wanted to go more agressive with the location of the display and control unit. I had originally planned on flush mounting them above and below the HVAC control, but the control hangs over the "blank" spaces in the bezel more than I anticipated. Unfortunately the grill slats are not wide enough to fit the laser shifters so some time with the dremel tool was required. I mounted the radar receiver on the driver side of the ACC "eye". I added the LED above the EVIC which turns from green to red when there is a viable threat. The gps receiver is on the dash next to the middle speaker. One issue is that the rear shifter makes a weird shadow on the license plate, so I need to adjust that (I may try adding a small LED bar under the shifter). I plan on running this along side my V1 for a while until I am happy with its performance. One good thing is that I do not get false signals from either the ACC or blind spot monitoring.
Pictures below (cell phone camera) also realized no GPS pictures. Not a professional install, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Display

Controller

Front Shifters

Radar Receiver (not a good picture)

Rear Shifter

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put my laser shifters directly left/right of the adaptive cruise control on the bottom part of the front...behind the grill part. Didn't notch anything and it works flawlessly. Got hit with a laser last week and it shifted it w/ no problem.

Completely stealth look.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Very nice job. I'd like to see pics of what SubMafia did.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I would not have cut the grill

·
Registered
231 Posts
I put my laser shifters directly left/right of the adaptive cruise control on the bottom part of the front...behind the grill part. Didn't notch anything and it works flawlessly. Got hit with a laser last week and it shifted it w/ no problem.

Completely stealth look.
I am thinking about pulling the trigger with this unit. When you mounted the laser shifters on the lower grill, did you mount them level so the shifters are pointing straight, or are they flush to the grill? I was told my my potential alarm installer that they could mount LED display in the rearview mirrror.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Let's see those install pics guys! I'm planning on upgrading my 9500ix. I'll probably do the install myself. I don't trust shops to produce quality work anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://imgur.com/a/Gx0af

Link to gallery with install pictures. Rear laser shifter is pretty standard, so no need for that photo. Put the "visual indicator light" actually to my upper left above my window in the door. I have blacked out windows all the way around and wanted something more near my line of sight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am thinking about pulling the trigger with this unit. When you mounted the laser shifters on the lower grill, did you mount them level so the shifters are pointing straight, or are they flush to the grill? I was told my my potential alarm installer that they could mount LED display in the rearview mirrror.
I had them installed under the front bumper the first time... I was doing 140mph and something must have hit it and it took one of the laser shifters off. I moved the installation (pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Gx0af) to directly behind the grill part. I was concerned that it might have blocked too much of the signal, but I had it "real world tested" a few weeks ago and it worked flawlessly.

I like my install because of the stealth look of it.

·
Don't Be Skeerd
212 Posts
When they installed mine they put them behind the grill, I got knocked going 90 in a 70 in Nevada 2 weeks ago and it worked out just fine. I will post pics later today of mine also where I installed my controls. My display and led are in the same spot as the OP.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Laser jammers are suppose to be mounted right next to the plate on each side in the front, otherwise defeats the purpose because the license plate is the most reflective part on the car. Besides the headlights.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
47 Posts
Laser jammers are suppose to be mounted right next to the plate on each side in the front, otherwise defeats the purpose because the license plate is the most reflective part on the car. Besides the headlights.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I don't have a license plate on the front of my vehicle and never will. It has worked for me where they are at, so I'm cool with it there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts