Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eskle came into town today. Shrek and I pulled off the snout and headed to the machine shop. Got the snout milled down and installed. Eskle said he can definitely feel the difference. We will see if the times will tell this week, even though it'll be 30* warmer than last time. Hahaha.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Damn that looks so much bigger. This is the first time I've actually seen the comparison to stock and it's a big difference. Nice work Stage6

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Nice job guys!!!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
That's 25-30 rwhp proven on a challenger .

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Haha Eskles beast is sitting in my driveway and he is sleeping in my guest room. I feel privileged to have the Maggie master here and the Mongoose in my presence?

Reactions: BJB

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
Don't be alarmed... But Mongoose's wakes up every morning at 4:30am and have to be let outside!!

·
BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts
Don't be alarmed... But Mongoose's wakes up every morning at 4:30am and have to be let outside!!
Haha funny! Chris just came outside. He Didnt even hear me get up. Us mongooses are stealthy! I've already wiped the dew off the jeep, cleaned up a ton of e mails and I had to let myself out today!
Oh an thanks Chris for letting me stay in your lovely home. That was super nice of you.
And thanks to Harrison for the offer of his home as well. I didn't want to impose on H with the children and such. I remember mornings getting my three up and out the door on school days.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice work. Opening up that snout must have a dramatic effect.

Is the 90mm worth it on the Vortech, or any centrifugal blower for that matter on a stock motor?

·
Registered
14,287 Posts

Is the 90mm worth it on the Vortech, or any centrifugal blower for that matter on a stock motor?
I wanted to do the 90mm on my Vortech but the problem I ran into was needing a custom made coupler for it. The Vortech coupler that comes off the power cooler (90 degree) wouldn't fit onto the larger throttle body. If you had a custom one made you could easily fit it.

·
BlaBlaBla
5,400 Posts

It feels a little stronger. I'm running a little lean so I don't want to jump on it too hard until I get a revision.
It was kind of scary watching the snout get milled. It was quite a process, a lot of stop and go and measuring. The set up of the jig was 3/4 of the battle.
The guy that did it was a true professional and funny too!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I wanted to do the 90mm on my Vortech but the problem I ran into was needing a custom made coupler for it. The Vortech coupler that comes off the power cooler (90 degree) wouldn't fit onto the larger throttle body. If you had a custom one made you could easily fit it.
We fit a 90 on my Buddy's Vortech here .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.