Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
I don't know personally, but I want to see too! It's going to be tough to get an exact number cuz everyone has different motors with different compressions and power adders vs NA...but I would love to find out what kind of gains you will get from it!

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I believe the general number is 10-20hp gain but again, that depends on the engine, mods, etc.....

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I believe the 100mm is truly more like 92mm. I have the 100mm on my Jeep. But as in any mod you need to have your calibration revised to take full advantage of the TB.

It is so hard to do a comparison to measure the true gain. Even with back to back dyno runs there are temperature differences in the motor that would affect the results.

My theory is bigger is better!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I think Jim McClure saw about a 21rwhp and 11rwtq gain on his PWR 440 going to this TB with the Intake opened up to match (that is key BTW, you need to have the inlet opened up to match the new TB). His cam specs are similar to yours too.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55222

Your results may vary but I'd bet 10-15rwhp improvement with the proper supporting changes (Tune and intake porting)

J

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
I think Jim McClure saw about a 21rwhp and 11rwtq gain on his PWR 440 going to this TB with the Intake opened up to match (that is key BTW, you need to have the inlet opened up to match the new TB). His cam specs are similar to yours too.

Your results may vary but I'd bet 10-15rwhp improvement with the proper supporting changes (Tune and intake porting)

J
You & BJB have me convinced....100mm it is!
I am losing the stock throttle body next season.
BBill

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

J
Wow very impressive. I would love to gain close to those numbers. I will be removing my intake to get opened up for a 93mm. I hope this get me closer to 500rwhp

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Yes, the 100mm tb is about 93mm at the back. We usually see about 3-6rwhp gain over the 90mm tb but then again 3-5rwhp is very hard to measure on a chasis dyno due to temp variationsas brian said. As joel said, jim gained substantially over stock, but the 100mm added nothing over the 90mm in his case.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yes, the 100mm tb is about 93mm at the back. We usually see about 3-6rwhp gain over the 90mm tb but then again 3-5rwhp is very hard to measure on a chasis dyno due to temp variationsas brian said. As joel said, jim gained substantially over stock, but the 100mm added nothing over the 90mm in his case.
Jim who? I have a Billet 90mm and still going back and forth about installing it Andy... You think it will benefit me any with a ported intake manny and a Procharger that I will be installing? Will opening up the intake manny to a 90mm lower my Psi on the Procharger or will I see lower boost levels? So if I use to see 9 psi and now after the 90mm and the ported intake manny I see 8 psi is it not actually hurting me? Cuz if you figure for every 1 psi of Boost you are gaining 20 hp....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.