Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas im about to put in my order from xenondepot....i was wondering what should i go with for my lows and fogs? 6000k or 8000k?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
8k will be bluer and less light output. I'd go with the 6k. I have 5k in mine and they are white.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6k it is....now as far as reverse, have you done yours, some people do the HID reverse or they get a really great LED bulb...

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
LED are not anywhere near the output from a HID, it matters if you want a ton of light, to me and where i drive my car a HID reverse would be annoying to everyone because it is pretty much headlights on all 4 corners. And my car would get keyed guaranteed, If you take a look at the 8k on xenondepot they are more blue and less output but IMO are much less blue then most 8K I see.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LED are not anywhere near the output from a HID, it matters if you want a ton of light, to me and where i drive my car a HID reverse would be annoying to everyone because it is pretty much headlights on all 4 corners. And my car would get keyed guaranteed, If you take a look at the 8k on xenondepot they are more blue and less output but IMO are much less blue then most 8K I see.
yeah i know, but what people are saying is by the time you back up the HIDs are still warming up right?

i prefer cheap and effective for now lol...just bought the fogs and lows, exhaust, predator, r1 complete set, intake, catch can, all within a month lol..im breaking down haha

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
deleted...

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
yeah i know, but what people are saying is by the time you back up the HIDs are still warming up right?

i prefer cheap and effective for now lol...just bought the fogs and lows, exhaust, predator, r1 complete set, intake, catch can, all within a month lol..im breaking down haha
yup thats about right, i went the same way too though, being in college i just need something that can get me by for a bit. I did what you just listed but over like a year and half hahah.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Deleted content...wrong thread.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're installing lowering springs an alternative is to leave that bolt alone and remove the upper control arm and then the strut will swing out and give you plenty of room to remove the spring.

Else: bend the tab, pb blaster, impact, hammer, pry bar will get it out.
i think u ended up on the wrong thread lol

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
i think u ended up on the wrong thread lol
Haha, yup. Browsing on my iPhone switching back and fourth between threads. I caught it, but not soon enough lol.

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
I would agree on the 6000/6500k. Unless you want more blue hue and less usable light, in which case you would want to go 8000k.

I did XenonDepot Xtreme Digital 6500k in my friends 300C lows and fogs, looked real nice.

As for reverse HIDs, I have run them for over 2 yrs and have zero complaints. Of course most of the time that I need them I am backing up over 50' in or out of driveways and they only take a few seconds to warm up.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have 6500 lows and fogs. Perfect color...not too white and not too blue. 8000 way too blue.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i bought the volt kits that were on sale, didnt see 6500k, so i bought the 6000k, i need to see better, and i want more light just in case i get the heads tinted or i might just save some funds to buy a set of DCcustom's steel blue headlights.. Hey Dan, you ever do a custom paint on the insides of the fogs to match the headlights that you make?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I'd go with the 6k...

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
i bought the volt kits that were on sale, didnt see 6500k, so i bought the 6000k, i need to see better, and i want more light just in case i get the heads tinted or i might just save some funds to buy a set of DCcustom's steel blue headlights.. Hey Dan, you ever do a custom paint on the insides of the fogs to match the headlights that you make?

I did paint the inside of a set of fogs black when we did some halos in them.

Going to be doing another set as soon as I get all my parts in as I am working on something custom for cmn1 :thinkerg:

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I love my 8k mains. About the same over all light out put as the stock 4300k but a totally different color light with just a hint of blue. When I drive my wife's with the stock hid's they look like halogen lights now.

Jim

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
I love my 8k mains. About the same over all light out put as the stock 4300k but a totally different color light with just a hint of blue. When I drive my wife's with the stock hid's they look like halogen lights now.

Jim
you have the 8k from xenondepot? like medics?

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
I've had many many different kinds of HID brands and XenonDepots are the brightest and best color in 8000k....

6000k are great too and I'd run them as well but I'm happy with my 8000k bulbs....and I like to stand out

I think they look awesome and I still have great visibility even with my tinted windshield...

For reverse HID's go with Taillight Solutions plug and play kit with 4300k for the most light output....I run 6000k and they're more than bright enough

1 - 20 of 25 Posts