Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that all the SRT vehicles are going to 8 speed transmissions. I've also heard that with the extra 300 pounds, the new Jeep is not any faster than Gen 1.

Does anyone know when the 8 speed is coming out? Thanks.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
i've also heard there's a search function somewhere around here
?? been discussed many times.

Maybe in time for a new tranny, and it's debatable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
i've also heard there's a search function somewhere around here
I'm new to this forum. Just joined today. I'm sure I'm opening myself up to be massively flamed for this, but I don't see the sense in being a smarta**. If you didn't want to help the guy out by answering his question then why not just ignore his post and save both of you some time? Or maybe answer his question and also point out the availability of the search function. Isn't the point of forums such as this to help each other? Just sayin...

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Wanna bet? Do a search yourself and see what all the magazines are talking about....

J

Not saying it isn't possibe, but there hasn't been a formal announcement....... I don't think its something that will show up for 2013, maybe a few years down the road. Isn't production for the 2013's going to start in a few months?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
The 5 speed is proven to me. I beat the crap out of my WK1 and the tranny was just as good as new 70K miles later. Do we really need 8 cogs? The reviews I read with the euro SUVs don't make it out to be that good. Especially with a load it's always hunting for gears, etc....

Then I don't know, but we have BBills Nag. It may be an easy swap on the WK2. Then we have after market support already for big power when tuning is here.

I'm happy with 5 speeds. Gas mileage is respectable on easy freeway cruising. So what would an extra cog or three really gain me?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: Haven68

·
Premium Member
5,792 Posts
The 5 speed is proven to me. I beat the crap out of my WK1 and the tranny was just as good as new 70K miles later. Do we really need 8 cogs? The reviews I read with the euro SUVs don't make it out to be that good. Especially with a load it's always hunting for gears, etc....

Then I don't know, but we have BBills Nag. It may be an easy swap on the WK2. Then we have after market support already for big power when tuning is here.

I'm happy with 5 speeds. Gas mileage is respectable on easy freeway cruising. So what would an extra cog or three really gain me?

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Yeah, our NAG1 has proven to be a pretty decent tranny.
That said, I'm studying the 8 speed right after I figure out the 6 speed auto. in my new Hemi Ram:)
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I'm new to this forum. Just joined today. I'm sure I'm opening myself up to be massively flamed for this, but I don't see the sense in being a smarta**. If you didn't want to help the guy out by answering his question then why not just ignore his post and save both of you some time? Or maybe answer his question and also point out the availability of the search function. Isn't the point of forums such as this to help each other? Just sayin...

Yeah, you're right. The point of this forum is to help each other out. But sometimes you run across someone who's too lazy to bother spending 120 seconds to do a search. I think that's what the issue is here.

Unless the OP was hiding in a bomb shelter for the last 30 years, chances are he knows what a freakin' search funtion is & how to use it. Not doing so "seems" to indicate a "I can't be bothered to look, so tell me what I wanna know, and right now" sorta mindset.

If I'm mistaken, then I apologize. ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Yeah, you're right. The point of this forum is to help each other out. But sometimes you run across someone who's too lazy to bother spending 120 seconds to do a search. I think that's what the issue is here.

Unless the OP was hiding in a bomb shelter for the last 30 years, chances are he knows what a freakin' search funtion is & how to use it. Not doing so "seems" to indicate a "I can't be bothered to look, so tell me what I wanna know, and right now" sorta mindset.

If I'm mistaken, then I apologize. ;)
I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread so this will be my last comment on this. I agree that the original poster's mindset was probably just as you described and I'm not trying to defend him, but even if that was the case I still think a better tactic for dealing with people like that is to ignore their posts and let them figure it out. That way, this doesn't turn into a hostile environment where new people are reticent to post for fear of being "attacked". That being said, I can sympathize with the frustration from, and reaction to, the same subjects being re-posted all the time. I'm new here, but not to forums in general...lol.

Back on topic: As someone with four years of driving in an 08 GC SRT8, I'm pretty happy with the five speed. I heard the rumors that the eight speed would be out next year but I didn't think it would be enough of an improvement to be worth waiting for. I hope I'm not proven wrong in the future. So far I'm very happy with the 2012 SRT8!

·
Registered
309 Posts
who wants the 8 speed transmission ?
am happy with the 5 speed ,

the only thing i want the large navi screen with all the function as the dodge charger
and the RES with the pano roof (( this is will be the ultimate machine for me))

·
Registered
425 Posts
Went to the Chicago Auto Show today.....talked to one of the reps at the Jeep booth and he told me an 8-sp is most likely coming to the Jeep SRT8, but not until 2014-15 model year at the earliest. He also said a 550-600 hp powerplant is in the works but wouldn't tell me any more specifics.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.