Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing youtube a few weeks ago I came upon some Russians that own some fast SRT Jeeps. A white one in question with a blown 7.0L is shifting at 7,000-7,200 rpms on each shift. Apparently they designate a blown engine as "K" for kompressor and an n/a engine for "N". In this case SRT8-7K vs. 6.1K. Supposedly the 7.0L has 750hp, the 6.1L 600hp.

Check out the 34 sec mark in this vid, it hits 7,100-7,200 rpms. Also they're hitting 300km/h (186mph) easily, they're almost there at the end of 4th gear, so I'm not sure if its re-geared as well or if the extra RPMs really make that big of a difference.

Another vid of the white blown 7.0L vs a black blown 6.1L. The 6.1 destroys the 7.0L off the line in all the videos I've found, leading me to think that the 7.0 is re-geared for highway blasts since it has 150hp more than the 6.1 but cannot come by it until much later.

Another vs. the blown 6.1 0-250 km/h. 6.1 wins.

Exterior vid of white Jeep.

More runs:

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Wow.... that was pretty cool. Looked like he was in D and just stabbed it too. To have 7000 RPM shift points would be amazing. Who is tuning these Jeeps I wonder?

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
So are the all running RDP's TCM then?

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,340 Posts
So are the all running RDP's TCM then?
Who knows, remember all of our computer stuff and calibrations are in German so whos

to say the guys over there are able to do it to. Supposedly, RDP would open the tcm and

swap out a chip. Thats all I know buit I will tell you that the higher shift points are no BS, but

never saw the TQ management benefits I thought I would. But I didnt buy it I just tried it briefly.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
That's got to be the cheesiest Jeep hood scoop I've seen yet. What's amazing is how quiet that first Jeep is. Even with stock exhaust and the windows closed, mine was much louder than that at WOT.

wink

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
those guys are running 3.07 gears, that will stretch the legs for sure!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
thats ridiculous! anybody watch the 4th video, focus st? either the jeep was just messing with him on the start or the focus slowed down at the end....cuz damn! he just took off like a bat outta hell!

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Wow.... that was pretty cool. Looked like he was in D and just stabbed it too. To have 7000 RPM shift points would be amazing. Who is tuning these Jeeps I wonder?
Its as easy as changing the shift points with your TCM in an LX biotch....I just got mine and had it done yesterday and I'm shifting 7k on a stock valvetrain now:eek:. I can feel an extra .1-.2 in the 1/4 fa sho.:silly:

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Who did yours Chris?

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,340 Posts
Its as easy as changing the shift points with your TCM in an LX biotch....I just got mine and had it done yesterday and I'm shifting 7k on a stock valvetrain now:eek:. I can feel an extra .1-.2 in the 1/4 fa sho.:silly:
Is that in Autostick or drive? I can hold the MTCM with to 6900 in my 07, the 06 will go to 7k.
But can yuou do it in drive without shifting it yourself?

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Well first off don't believe the instrument panel.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Is that in Autostick or drive? I can hold the MTCM with to 6900 in my 07, the 06 will go to 7k.
But can yuou do it in drive without shifting it yourself?
Yeah I wish it was in D. I can get it to 7k in autostick but it will shift about 6600 in D.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Call me dumb, but why can't the predator do that? Is it just that the stock PCM doesn't allow you to reprogram that? Maybe I'll stop into DTP and talk to Brent about such matters. I used to be very familiar with tuning on my Lightning, but this Jeep stuff is new to me.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Call me dumb, but why can't the predator do that? Is it just that the stock PCM doesn't allow you to reprogram that? Maybe I'll stop into DTP and talk to Brent about such matters. I used to be very familiar with tuning on my Lightning, but this Jeep stuff is new to me.
PCM separate from TCM :(

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
This seams strange but this is how my stock TCM Shifts D mode , will do another one in auto stick to see .

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
Yeah I wish it was in D. I can get it to 7k in autostick but it will shift about 6600 in D.
Chris is this the MPTCM and what have you set your Rev limiter in Drive? Also what are the shift points set to on your MPTCM? Also are you hitting the Rev limiter while in Drive at times?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts