Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing to all of the drivers who chased down the 11 second 1/4 mile with their stock block 6.1L engines. Breaking into the 11 second range seems to be the goal to chase down for most of the N/A 6.1L racers out there. So here are my questions:
-What is the best path to go down for modifications to obtain this goal?
-Is any weight reduction required?
-Are drag radials required?
In advance of your responses, I appreciate any help in directing my daily driver/track build in the right direction.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMO you better have deep pockets as you will need to get in the 11.50 to 11.80 to set a record and probably low - DA. PM SENT
I have an upcoming build that will add a FRI Little Boy +4 cam, ported intake manifold, wideband A/F and dyno tune. The -DA is definitely a possibility as well when the tracks open up here in Maine/New Hampshire in April and temperatures are still very low. I don't think I will be far off from 11 seconds if everything falls into place.

·
DONE
5,706 Posts
30 degree weather
heads
cam
ported manifold
throttle body
tune
headers
sticky tires
What this guy said^^^^^^
Although, I ran the time in my signature with street tires.......:D
This past end of the year I was running consistant 11.7x-11.8x's

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I not sure any jeep equipped with a littleboy cam has been in the 11s n/a yet. Everything that has, has used a bigger cam. Harrison holds the cam only record at 11.84 and Mondo holds the h&c record at 11.59.

Traction will be key. Harrison had severe traction issues before Jr loaned him his drag radials. That's when the times started to drop.

J

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I not sure any jeep equipped with a littleboy cam has been in the 11s n/a yet. Everything that has, has used a bigger cam. Harrison holds the cam only record at 11.84 and Mondo holds the h&c record at 11.59.

Traction will be key. Harrison had severe traction issues before Jr loaned him his drag radials. That's when the times started to drop.

J
Both the 2 above mentioned used the passenger headlight ram air mod too!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
You will need first week of April at NED to do that & also tuning is the key , Wait and see what I can do NA then . CAM/ HEADERS Only .

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
My tranny went south too after my 11.84 run. Might have gone lower but I'll never know. Still was spinning the DR's too. That's when my rear susp. was jumping up and down off the line like a fat kid wanting a cupcake. It is what it is..... like I always say, records are meant to be BROKEN!

Reactions: mondo

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You will need first week of April at NED to do that & also tuning is the key , Wait and see what I can do NA then . CAM/ HEADERS Only .
NED is the place where it will hopefully all come together in April, although I may have to wait out the season to allow for tuning and tweaking and coming back in September.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
BTW a few of us are planning on hitting Granite state dyno in NH ( AWD Dynojet ) maybe next week , you should join us :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is definitely a possibility. Do they do any install work there?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Yah on Supras , Evos , STI etc .

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yah on Supras , Evos , STI etc .
I have been in contact with Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA to do my camshaft install (the price is quoted very inexpensively) and did not know if you had any other recommendations.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Looking to hit 11's too. I have lpm ported heads, cam, ported intake, 90mm tb, headers. First time out I only ran [email protected] but had a weird fuel issue. Looking to get that sorted and Im adding one of Bill's converters. Also may add stage6 headlight intake and may need some nt05r's on the rear.

My goal is to have it running like mondos 6.1 n/a jeep. Would love consistent 11.8s. I know its possible but have to get everything sorted and playing nicely together.

We will see what she does at Bradenton.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I have been in contact with Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA to do my camshaft install (the price is quoted very inexpensively) and did not know if you had any other recommendations.
You got it right there , Dave at ESP ( Enhanced St performance ) , I'd strongly recommend them . Same place.did Phils CAM , VB , stall converter , and now installed headers , tranny and a Mean A$$ procharger Kit , You will be in good hands .

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I should be close to 11s come spring still with stock heads and stock exhaust manifolds

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
...excuse me.................. H E L L O ....... L0L :)

TCM, Spartan cam, hellacious tune, race gas, weight reduction 87k miles, homemade ram air & street tires.

11.95, 11.94, 11.93. Dec 3rd Cecil in about 40* weather.

with a Wave Trac, I feel I could do that in 60* weather, or without pulling seats.
...because I could tune it to leave a little harder on the hit....

..BUT....if you are not a solid hard core, crazy person such as myself.

Heads, Cam, Intake, and good tune in good cold air SHOULD do it!

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
628 Posts
cobrakid is down there is slower lower too lol...DE has a lot of hidden beasts!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.