Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this at Barrett-Jackson this weekend... thoughts?

wonder why they just don't make a "V" version

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
that thing gotta be heavy as sh*t, i had an 02 before I got my jeep and that thing was a fricken tank. That thing need like 700HP to make anything happen carrying all that weight, im sure SLP will get people to jump on this, just cadillac is t0o smart to throw out a V version of the escalade. Especially after wiping the XLR-V platform from its lineup for the last few years, even though I think a renew is up next year or so.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I think it's pretty hot lol.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
personally i think its a waste. nice truck but exactly, its a tank. those motors got serious potential for those willing to throw money its way, but i think cadillac would do itself a lot of good to make a SRX-V series in their line up. right inline with the jeeps, porsches, etc

·
Registered
312 Posts
It'd be something better to compare to the Range Rover Supercharged, but they'd REALLY need to nix the column shifter.

The 6.2L Escalades are quick for their size. 0-60 in under 7 and high 14s stock (according to C&D) for something that big is impressive. There's a number of Escalades that run 12s or lower with a little work.

The new SRX is a turd. You can polish the Theta chassis all you want (GM is fond of claiming it's on it's own special platform... it's not, its a guessied up Equinox), but it's still a turd of a platform. Considering how pathetically slow the SRX is now, an SRX-V would almost definitely still be slow, and would handle like crap. The old SRX was a far superior vehicle in terms of dynamics.

They really need to refresh the Escalade. It's remained unchanged since like 07 now. I wouldn't mind seeing them have the 6.2L as the base engine, and a 500-550hp turbo'd version of the same engine as an upgraded version, with a TDI to round it out.

Won't happen though. GM lacks vision, they'll keep pumping out uninspired trash while touting a vehicle that's impractical and won't make profit as their savior.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I love the way escalades look, but if i want something to go fast... i won't be getting an escalade.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
idk i mean twins under the hood of a caddy is pretty sweet. low-mid 12s isnt bad for a 3.5 ton truck!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The curb wt on the NON supercharged verison is 5800 lbs now thats a beast lol.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Depends on what one wants. If money was no object, I'd buy the supercharged Escalade in a second. Coming from a Yukon, I love the Jeep for power and handling but it is just small. The reason we bought the Jeep was the SRT option. I would never buy a regular Jeep GC. From a size and cabin room standpoint it is a real compromise. Very little second row legroom and with the second row seats not folded, the Challenger has more trunk room.

·
Registered
312 Posts
A V model would attract too much attention. This looks like an aftermarket deal, not a legit GM model, so nobody will care. Plus, the Escalade is a very old model in need of a redesign, adding a V at this point wouldn't make sense.

Most important of all, Escalade-V just sounds stupid. And there's no easy way to fit it into their naming convention, as ERX sounds dirty.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If I got one of those it would stay stock...Maybe get a badass sound system. Those arent bad for going out at night, or carrying the family around. I drove one of those bad boys in the snow and it was *almost* as good as my dads new Suburban Z71. But not quite...

Pointless to race that truck IMO. I bet a Jeep with an intake and tune is faster than that (and looks cooler).
With that being said... That is a sleeper! LOL

Uuggh... and I HATE all those different color badges! The "Escalade" is all chrome raised letters. The "sport" and "edition" look similar but they are two different colors! Then to make it worse they add another completely different looking badge that says "supercharged" that is raised just like the escalade badge but its red. WTF? uuggllyyyyy.
They need Dan (Dc_special) to fab up some badass ONE PIECE badges for that truck real bad!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts