Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a 10 seconds jeep with a 440, is it possible? What combo do I need to do it? I would love to do a 426 boosted but it's a big hit to my pocket from the motor to the tranny, to the forced induction , I'd like to keep a stock tranny with blue top solenoids

· Registered
11,229 Posts
LOL What makes you think a 440 is going to be any easier on your stock tranny then a 426 boosted ? Also A TOP NOTCH 440 aint cheap , Like they say GO BIG or GO Home .. he he . With Any set up running 11's get the stash ready for a new tranny IMO

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Gotta pay to play. Retro-King has the only 10sec 440 Jeep, so yes it can be done, but it is not an easy task some others have & are trying. Oh yeh as Paulo said above, you will need a tranny sooner or later running high 11's, running low 11's or less you better just put it in from the start.

Jim

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Three letters... L P M

Budget at least $15,000

Thats how much it costs... bottom line. Unless you just feel like making 2 passes and the thing grenading into a thousand pieces.

· Registered
8,340 Posts
gotta pay to play... For ten seconds. your gonna need a top notch 440 or a boosted some kinda stroker... And your definitely gonna need a tranny and most likely a fuel system.... It adds up quick.. But you have to remember how much work is involved and just how fast 10 seconds really is...

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Keep going up Winston, way short.
Shit yea , Up and Up it goes ...... Even the cheaper way let's say adding a cheap Vortech to your stock motor will require fuel system , tranny etc . That alone is around 10k + and not guaranteed to get you in the 10's . Now I am in the 10's also do to my bolt ons which are not cheap . Headers / Cam / Manifold etc + install . So I'D say be happy running low 12's mid high 11's for now till you step up .

· Banned
1,577 Posts
do a 440..all motor is sweet! love my 440

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.