Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have waded through many pages of these pages and seem to be as clueless as to when I started. Now, I will say that I am not a mechanic, nor claim to have the fraction of the knowledge of one. Hell, I just bought a ‘14 SRT for my 50th birthday present to myself since I’m divorced and my kids are all grown. I just know that I want a fast SUV, lol.
Anyway, with all the $ I have poured into this thing, I should have just bought a hawk.

Anyway, the biggest part of the equation that I am leaving out is the ProCharger D1SC that I am having to sell to get out of hot water with the IRS (which is for sell on marketplace for $6500 new in box)
I guess I am looking at minimal gains without it, but have the MMX 411 Stroker kit installed along with a different aggressive cam (not sure on model #) I have 2 credits for tuning with HP tuners, Snow water meth (which I don’t think can be used N/A), Stainless Works long tubes and custom cat delete, Borla ATAK catback, larger injectors and more. I don’t have the build sheet in front of me.

In you guys’ estimation, am I looking at around a 50hp gain with all of this? That’s what I’ve been told by MMX given all of the other mods mentioned. That’s a shi* ton to me for very little gain. Not exactly how I planned things to go. Hindsight is always 20/20.🙄

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sell the jeep and go buy a used bmw X3 m or x5 m. Both are as quick as a Trackhawk and even quicker with an easy tune. Getting more for your money. My opinion. However, I understand the want to have the uniqueness of the srt with the V8.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have waded through many pages of these pages and seem to be as clueless as to when I started. Now, I will say that I am not a mechanic, nor claim to have the fraction of the knowledge of one. Hell, I just bought a ‘14 SRT for my 50th birthday present to myself since I’m divorced and my kids are all grown. I just know that I want a fast SUV, lol.
Anyway, with all the $ I have poured into this thing, I should have just bought a hawk.

Anyway, the biggest part of the equation that I am leaving out is the ProCharger D1SC that I am having to sell to get out of hot water with the IRS (which is for sell on marketplace for $6500 new in box)
I guess I am looking at minimal gains without it, but have the MMX 411 Stroker kit installed along with a different aggressive cam (not sure on model #) I have 2 credits for tuning with HP tuners, Snow water meth (which I don’t think can be used N/A), Stainless Works long tubes and custom cat delete, Borla ATAK catback, larger injectors and more. I don’t have the build sheet in front of me.

In you guys’ estimation, am I looking at around a 50hp gain with all of this? That’s what I’ve been told by MMX given all of the other mods mentioned. That’s a shi* ton to me for very little gain. Not exactly how I planned things to go. Hindsight is always 20/20.🙄
Without boosts your gains will be minimal. Air is the key component to more power. A naturally aspirated engine, in most cars, just can’t produce the the amount of intake airflow to produce big power. Camshaft with increase lift and duration will allow for a small increase in atmospheric intake pressures but not enough to fill the cylinders and produce more horsepower. Plus, the 411 displacement tells me that your engine has low compression pistons… great for boosted engines, but horrible for naturally aspirated engines. If you get 50hp out of it, I would say that’s about right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seems like it’s going to be an endless endeavor to get the truck where I want it after I’m having to sell the ProCharger.🙄
Thank so much for your input.

·
Registered
2014 supercharged srt
99 Posts
Keep the procharger...... figure out another way to pay the IRS. There are so many options on how to deal with that. Seems like you had a rough couple months ie divorce and u bought a gift for yourself. See it thru don't sell a thing to fix another. That's my take ur already in and spent money, now finish the job.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep the procharger...... figure out another way to pay the IRS. There are so many options on how to deal with that. Seems like you had a rough couple months ie divorce and u bought a gift for yourself. See it thru don't sell a thing to fix another. That's my take ur already in and spent money, now finish the job.
Pretty good advice! He can setup a payment plan on the IRS website. That would keep the IRS off his back. And as he finds extra money, pay it towards the installment plan. My only concern though is that he may be force to continue the build on the cheap. That could be problematic down the road. I firmly believe every internal rotational part should be replace with new ones when building high powered engines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just about everything in the Jeep is upgraded. From rotors to driveshaft to axles down to the rear diff brace. I’m actually kind of embarrassed to say that I can’t name all the modifications done to the truck🙄

·
Registered
2014 supercharged srt
99 Posts
You have to make a list of your build...... that what l do with my cars every thing that was upgraded get written down. I definitely think you should keep the build quality and don't sell nothin...... call the irs and work it out they want the money they will work with you. Please keep us posted on this build sounds great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts