Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling a brand new set of (4) 255/55/R20 Blizzak DM-V1 snow tires.

I'm looking for $600.00 + shipping for the entire set. Local pickup would be great as well, I reside in southwest and southeast Michigan and will meet you if needed. I bought these tires for $865 out the door, that included a healthy friends/family discount; I'm basically giving these away.

Reason for selling: I've never driven the Jeep in the snow, I use my work beater instead. These tires were on the truck for a total of 20 miles to get it home from the tire store after a GY tread seperation, and parked in the garage. Once my Vreds shipped in, the tires were switched out, bagged and stored the last 8 months in a climate controlled garage.

These tires really make the truck look TOUGH!!!

The tires raise the truck up about 1" out of the snow, so you dont have to worry about the chin on the front facia getting marred-up through deep snow and hitting ice chunks in the road. The taller sidewall also allows more margin of safety against hitting winter potholes with your $1,500 stock rims. A much cheaper alternative than buying winter rubber and winter rims as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a great deal. Wish I was closer, I would grab them from you. Just paid $1000 for a set in Ontario. You'll be doing someone a big favour at the price. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wow, talk about beef... :eek: Looks mean... I like it :D

Any issues with rubbing at full lock/bumps/etc with that size?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you ship to NY?
I'll ship anywhere anyone wants me to...buyer pays shipping, I just ask $600 for the tires. Send me a Zip and I'll get back with a price. :)

Wow, talk about beef... :eek: Looks mean... I like it :D

Any issues with rubbing at full lock/bumps/etc with that size?
Not at all. Truck rode awesome for the several miles they were on (like a Cadillac). :) Tested lock to lock, each way, forward and backing up....no rubbing.

It looked like the "Rocky Mountain Edition" SRT8 while they were on there. :cool: Talk about traction in the deep stuff!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will get back with pricing for anyone that posts or sends a PM, calling on quotes during my breaks today. :).

Sevendust....you're currenty 3rd on the list.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I will get back with pricing for anyone that posts or sends a PM, calling on quotes during my breaks today. :).

Sevendust....you're currenty 3rd on the list.
Excellent...I calculated $237 for shipping from ups ground. If it winds up being significantly less that let me know, its gonna be just the same as me buying new from tire rack. i'd rather let someone local to ya snatch these up for a good deal.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone in the local area (midwest) and western eastcoast it looks to hover right at $45/tire. Possibly less, I had them calculate a slightly larger dimension on the width.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Excellent...I calculated $237 for shipping from ups ground. If it winds up being significantly less that let me know, its gonna be just the same as me buying new from tire rack. i'd rather let someone local to ya snatch these up for a good deal.
what???

Ive shipped several sets of tires in my lifetime and ALWAYS paid 20-30 each TOPS to send out anywhere in the continental US through FedEx

all you do is smack the sticker on the rubber and tape over it.........they wont get damaged in transit....its a tire!

·
Registered
580 Posts
what???

Ive shipped several sets of tires in my lifetime and ALWAYS paid 20-30 each TOPS to send out anywhere in the continental US through FedEx

all you do is smack the sticker on the rubber and tape over it.........they wont get damaged in transit....its a tire!
Well that's good to know! I was just entering numbers on ups grounds page. Punch in the weight and that's what it spit out...perhaps fedex is the way to go on tires!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, mounted on the stock wheels in the pics. 20x10 rears and 20x9 fronts.

The larger sidewall soaks up the minimal difference in wheel width. No need to buy another set of wheels going this route.

I'll check with fedex and see if the price changes dramatically.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
hope someone hops on this!, they are great in michigan winters and those are horrible with no care of the streets ;). Youll not be dissapointed! GLWS

·
Registered
156 Posts
where are you in michigan? I would be able to pick these up if your not too far...let me know i need to get these.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where are you in michigan? I would be able to pick these up if your not too far...let me know i need to get these.
Kalamazoo and Downtown Detroit. I'm back and forth for work. Sending you a PM.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just out of curiousity....are there any issues running these with the transfer case? The rotational part is a bit different but looks like a great solution for me at least.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just out of curiousity....are there any issues running these with the transfer case? The rotational part is a bit different but looks like a great solution for me at least.
No, they are the same exact tire all the way around. Same heights = same rotation. The taller sidewall buffers the rim width difference just fine. I measured them after they were on, to make sure they stood the same height before I drove it to my garage and parked the truck. I noticed no binding or shudder at all while driving the entire way home, and again drove perfectly back to the tire shop to get them taken off to install my Vreds a couple days later.

Truth be told, these rode better than any tire I've had on my Jeep, felt like I was driving a cadillac over the bumps and cracks in our Michigan roads. PLUSH!

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
No, they are the same exact tire all the way around. Same heights = same rotation. The taller sidewall buffers the rim width difference just fine. I measured them after they were on, to make sure they stood the same height before I drove it to my garage and parked the truck. I noticed no binding or shudder at all while driving the entire way home, and again drove perfectly back to the tire shop to get them taken off to install my Vreds a couple days later.

Truth be told, these rode better than any tire I've had on my Jeep, felt like I was driving a cadillac over the bumps and cracks in our Michigan roads. PLUSH!
I can vouch or that as well, as much as I hate driving my rig through the winter on these michigan roads they make this car rode like a caddy. even though i love my vreds in the summer those dmv1 are a soft soft ride in re winter and I can't complain. tires are the best investment I've made on this car by far!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.