Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I havent been on in awhile...but its 2k miles and about 3 months since I got her.

Well it has really opened up at the 2k mile mark...honestly very more aggressive and responsive and even the exhaust is gurggling more.

im very pleased with her, its truly a beast ..not a day goes buy that I dont get approached and asked about the truck.

I drove it in track mode a few times and its a lil bouncy for NYC streets but you deff feel the difference. I normally cruise @ 120 easy and feels amazing.

Granted its not the fastest auto on the road...BUT noting has beaten mine yet.....Im not talking race track stuff...just lil light to light show offs.

This weekend ill change the oil.

Im a hard guy to please and I get bored veryyy fast...I must say im still loving this truck!

DEFFF WORTH 57K I paid absolutly no doubt.
the build quality is top notch and trust me I beet the FKN piss out of it. I commute every day to Manhattan with her constantly gunning her

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
When is it recommended to change the oil on these beasts? My local dealer told me 5000km (around 3000miles).
Your dealer is wrong. Open your manual and check but I would say it is at least 5000 miles.

· Registered
425 Posts
yep sure do ..as long as i have a clear stretch. I work off hours so its usually clear and empty

NYC has clear stretches where you can cruise at 120mph?!:eek:

Are we talking about Manhattan or the autobahn?

· Registered
425 Posts

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Your dealer is wrong. Open your manual and check but I would say it is at least 5000 miles.
Owners guide says its equipped with an oil change indicator based on duty cycle. It'll tell you when to change it based on certain inputs. Though it's not perfect and can't count for all factors. I did my first after 300 miles to get the break in oil out. After that I'll probably be every 3-5k miles on oil changes like I did with my WK1.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_oil_indicator.htm

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Owners guide says its equipped with an oil change indicator based on duty cycle. It'll tell you when to change it based on certain inputs. Though it's not perfect and can't count for all factors. I did my first after 300 miles to get the break in oil out. After that I'll probably be every 3-5k miles on oil changes like I did with my WK1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
The 08 & up have the same thing, mines always gone off at 2500. Supposedly it gives you 500 advance notice.

Jim

· Registered
6,204 Posts
There is an Autobahn in Manhattan, its called the Westside Highway.

Particularly as soon as you get up the hill from the 57th street entrance until about 158th Street.

So I heard. :D

Glad you're enjoying the SRT RECDOG!

See ya around in Manhattan one of these days!

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

Yeah that's nice and all but it's still probably wrong because it doesn't actually check the oil. I am a big fan of getting mine analyzed and with the abuse I put mine through, they are recommending 7000 miles.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Yeah that's nice and all but it's still probably wrong because it doesn't actually check the oil. I am a big fan of getting mine analyzed and with the abuse I put mine through, they are recommending 7000 miles.

Yes, the indicator system isn't perfect, still gotta use your head.

I'm thinking about trying that out. What service do you use for the oil testing?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
glad to hear you love it. Mine isthe same- over 6000 on it now and not a squeek or rattle. Fun to drive in any conditions....including 7-10 inches of unplowed snow I got to experience.

It is def gettin quicker to...noticable and on evic. I fully expect to improve on my 12.97 when the spring arrives.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
glad to hear you love it. Mine isthe same- over 6000 on it now and not a squeek or rattle. Fun to drive in any conditions....including 7-10 inches of unplowed snow I got to experience.

It is def gettin quicker to...noticable and on evic. I fully expect to improve on my 12.97 when the spring arrives.
woww 6k nice!

Yes like to hear no rattles also..i forgot to add that in my descript.
I HATE SH**T THAT RATTLES and so far quiet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.