Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Vendor
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on the way home and I happen to glance at the Range dealer, there's a series of dealerships all owned by Ken Griffey Jr. here in the Hilton Head area, about 10 dealers if I'm not mistaken...Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Subaru, Mazda, Range, Jag, Porsche, Nissan, Infinity, Audi, Toyota, I unno what else..a lot, just before you get into Bluffton and noticed a black Jeep SRT8, I check online and found that they want 26 and change for it...now my daily ride is still nice, but I want something with some power for a daily ride, I know it won't stay stock for long, probably end up making some ridiculous hp at the end of the year if I'm done with it lol. Here's the link for you Jeep Pro's to check out, let me know, I was thinking about taking it for a spin, checking some of the usual flaws out, and offering them 23k to start and see where it leads up to.

http://www.newriverautomall.com/Mitsubishi/used-2006-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-8-JP278025.php

Any input will be greatly appreciated, remember, I will most likely end up transforming it into something serious, but the way she sits now, seems to be super bone stock, and low mileage too for an 06 no?

Skip

· Banned
1,577 Posts
i think price is a lil high personally...bought my 07 with those miles for 25k plus corsa exhaust diablo tuner mopar intake 2 sets of rims. if you can get it for 23 id say go for it! IMO

Justin

· Registered
400 Posts
Looks like a pretty good price... no DVD, stock air box, no catch can, Jeep logos removed and looks like Nittos. I've seen a number of 2006's and 2007's with less mileage. A red 2006 with 35k miles was for sale here at $26k, but the owner traded it in...

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Looks good..i say buy it skip..then slap a procharger on it lol.

· Registered
4 Posts
So I was on the way home and I happen to glance at the Range dealer, there's a series of dealerships all owned by Ken Griffey Jr. here in the Hilton Head area, about 10 dealers if I'm not mistaken...Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Subaru, Mazda, Range, Jag, Porsche, Nissan, Infinity, Audi, Toyota, I unno what else..a lot, just before you get into Bluffton and noticed a black Jeep SRT8, I check online and found that they want 26 and change for it...now my daily ride is still nice, but I want something with some power for a daily ride, I know it won't stay stock for long, probably end up making some ridiculous hp at the end of the year if I'm done with it lol. Here's the link for you Jeep Pro's to check out, let me know, I was thinking about taking it for a spin, checking some of the usual flaws out, and offering them 23k to start and see where it leads up to.

http://www.newriverautomall.com/Mitsubishi/used-2006-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-SRT-8-JP278025.php

Any input will be greatly appreciated, remember, I will most likely end up transforming it into something serious, but the way she sits now, seems to be super bone stock, and low mileage too for an 06 no?

Skip
I too want to begin my search for an srt8 "toy" since the prices are low enough that i can afford. questions im thinking to myself is at the mileage (over 40k) what should one look for as far as preventative maintenance or maladies that tend to plague these beasts once they start to get "up-there"in mileage
I'll prolly do 5k a year driving in her since it wont be my only vehicle and every now and then go on a 400mile road trip to visit family.

· Registered
673 Posts
FWIW, I paid 26.5k for a loaded '07 with 48k mi on the clock, nearing 2 years ago....

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
thats where an extended after-market warranty would come handy! hey knuckles is there a local chicago srt forum? cos im in the area too.
Google Chicagoland modern mopars..... As far as Jeep guys go we are all pretty much on this forum.... Look in the Midwest/ Great Lakes section on this Forum... I went thru my whole factory warranty, plus the Max care warranty to get my beast fixed....

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Are you f'ing kidding me!? $2,500 for the whole unit just to fix the old piss poor bushings with new piss poor bushings!?
A few guys looked around and they could not find exact replacement bushings for the lower control arms.... This job and the new steering wheel just paid for them selves already with this Max care warranty.......

· Registered
3,176 Posts
I've been looking to get another Jeep every single day. From what I've seen, you can get a better deal than that. Besides, if you are going to do a whole bunch of motor work, why not buy a high mileage one and save some money since (I'm assuming) you will be replacing most of the internals anyway? Just my two cents.

· Registered
611 Posts
Skip, just to give you a little comparison. I bought my 2006 SRT for exactly 23K with all the mods in my sig and it has the rear DVD. It had just over 47K on it, this was last month. I wanted a 09-10 and looked for a while but thought this deal was to good to pass. I love this Jeep and its also more of a "play toy" then a DD. I got it off a member here.
That looks to be a nice clean 06 you've found but definatly try and chew them down a bit but I dont think 26K is horrible.

· Registered
971 Posts
The truck looks to be in good shape. And it isn't too high in mileage...but it is completely bone stock and is probably worth more around 24k... i would suggest hanging around the forum and buying from here so you know the previous owner was an enthusiast who cares for the truck. You will also probably get a better deal with some mods already done rather than at a stealership! GL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.