Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about having the face of rim color matched with the truck and the lip carbon fiber. Its different from all of the other stuff i see every day. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The stock ones are hideous and everybody in the world is using WK1 wheels or the replicas on the WK2....SMH Looking for something different.

I love the all matte black look but thought maybe carbon fiber could give it a lil uniqueness?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I think that might be pushing it with the carbon fiber. I understand wanting to be different, but I think that's pushing it too far. BUT, thats's just my opinion. Do whatever makes YOU happy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Think you are pushing it saying they are hideous... do you have the WK2 or seen it in person yet?

Custom wheels are a good look but the stocks are not hideous

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Stockers are great in my opinion. How many of those do you see on the road? Everyone has their own tastes. Many like the stockers, many don't. But certainly everyone doesn't think the stockers are hideous. I like the stockers, they defiantly grow on you.

Anywho, your wheel choice might work. It'd be interesting. Maybe photoshop it first? I've seen some awesome rims on the WK2 and some that are ugly. But, do what makes you happy. It's your ride. Mod it for you, not others.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: yaccster

·
Registered
741 Posts
Oh I like the carbon fiber... you will have to implement it subtlby on the outside of the vehicle as well

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is sitting in my garage waiting on a nicer day outside. Im exaggerating with the "hideous" comment but they definitely would not be my first choice and the design makes a 20" look like an 18".

Think you are pushing it saying they are hideous... do you have the WK2 or seen it in person yet?

Custom wheels are a good look but the stocks are not hideous

·
Registered
532 Posts
Totally agree about the 20s looking small. I don't mind the style of the WK2 wheels but the proprotions don't work IMO, especially with those thicker sidewalls. Someone did a photoshop a while back of the stocker as a 22" and I thought it looked sweet. I haven't really seen any deep dish style wheels I like actually mounted on SUVs, but as far as your choice of wheel goes, I like it (not personally a fan of CF on wheels tho).

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
741 Posts
She is sitting in my garage waiting on a nicer day outside. Im exaggerating with the "hideous" comment but they definitely would not be my first choice and the design makes a 20" look like an 18".
Congrats on the new ride. I look forward to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i like the carbon fiber. i to am not a fan of the stockers

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Only because you asked...Deep dish looks like garbage on the Jeep. And thank the Lord the pinstriped wheel fad died out. Pick a color, just one.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Less is more, and that is why the WK1 wheels seem to look good on the WK2.
Stock WK2 wheels are just too damn small, and the sidewall is too big.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
307 Posts
Less is more, and that is why the WK1 wheels seem to look good on the WK2.
Stock WK2 wheels are just too damn small, and the sidewall is too big.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free
I love the wk1 wheels.....on the wk1. I think they look horrible on the wk2. To the point where they actually ruin it. The stockers are good, especially in motion. Maybe powder coat them....

·
Registered
467 Posts
The stock ones are hideous and everybody in the world is using WK1 wheels or the replicas on the WK2
Huh? Why don't you actually obtain some facts before throwing out stupid comments like that.

If I recall correctly, I've only seen one or two people (maybe only one) on this site running rep WK1 wheels. I've seen a few WK2s on the road and none of them had anything other than the stockers on them. I would venture to guess that the majority of the owners are running stock wheels, not anything near what you claim.

So can you provide for me the proof that "everyone" is running WK1 wheels or the replicas of them?

Pulling comments from your butt FTL.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Huh? Why don't you actually obtain some facts before throwing out stupid comments like that.

If I recall correctly, I've only seen one or two people (maybe only one) on this site running rep WK1 wheels. I've seen a few WK2s on the road and none of them had anything other than the stockers on them. I would venture to guess that the majority of the owners are running stock wheels, not anything near what you claim.

So can you provide for me the proof that "everyone" is running WK1 wheels or the replicas of them?

Pulling comments from your butt FTL.
Lol. Comedian amongst us. Everyone that has a 2012 and wk1 wheels is not on this forum. You should find better use for your time then leaving "stupid" responses.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Lol. Comedian amongst us. Everyone that has a 2012 and wk1 wheels is not on this forum. You should find better use for your time then leaving "stupid" responses.
So rather than provide support for your silly comment you just attack me. I guess I didn't expect anything more.

I'm not being a comic, I'm just asking for proof that "everyone in the world is running WK1 wheels". My observations on this site and in the real world have been nothing but the complete opposite.

My response is far from stupid, it just sounds like you can's support what you say. How is that stupid on my part? It sounds to me to be stupid on your part.

Bottom line. Don't make comments you can't support.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So rather than provide support for your silly comment you just attack me. I guess I didn't expect anything more.

I'm not being a comic, I'm just asking for proof that "everyone in the world is running WK1 wheels". My observations on this site and in the real world have been nothing but the complete opposite.

My response is far from stupid, it just sounds like you can's support what you say. How is that stupid on my part? It sounds to me to be stupid on your part.

Bottom line. Don't make comments you can't support.
Proof...? For what? Who the hell are you? Its called a hyperbole! Of course, "everyone in the world" is not a factual statement. Anyone who cant understand that probably isnt worth this post.

If it my opinion that more people are using the WK1 wheels then should be then its my opinion.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm not using Wk1 wheels nor do I plan on doing it anytime, I'm actually going to stick with the stockers (powdered coated of course next month :D) because I had the small sidewall with 35 and 30 series, too thin for me can't do the rubber band thing anymore.

I sound like a bloody grandpa, I'm only in my mid 20's...fml.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.