Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! Looking to get back into the WK2 platform but had a question about the 2019+ WK2s

I had a 2014 that caused nothing but issues, two engine rebuilds due to MDS and cam rollers. I finally swapped to a 426 Longblock from Arrington before eventually trading for a Tesla.

Do the 2019+ have the same engine issues? Anyone experienced a lot of problems? Here’s some photos of the carnage from my 2014
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Cosmetics Material property Auto part Cylinder Wood

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle fork Bicycle tire

· Registered
238 Posts
I read on a forum sometime back that the 2019+ had the lifter issues fixed on the hush, I just can't find the forum where they were talking about this. I want to say I read that Chrysler replaced the lifter design on the 2019+ or something that fixed the issue. Who knows if it's true but soon after I purchased my 2019 SRT I started reading up on the Lifter issues the 392's have, I was a bit concerned hoping I didn't just screw myself over but after reading that post it did give me a little assurance and made me feel a little better and less worried.

I'm almost at 60k miles knock on wood running strong. Engine idles very quiet.

· Registered
732 Posts
I just went thru lifter failure on my 15 and the Perf.. Shop used 17+ hellcat lifters which apparently was Switched out to a newer style lifter across all platforms and corrected the issues! So in answer to ur Q. You should’nt have and issues w a 19! There are a few threads on lifter failure / Eng failure where some of the smart techy guys are also talking about newwer style lifters that don’t causr the failure. I saw it here and then when i went to shop they confirmed that the Newer lifters are no longer an issue! Fca jusy never told anyone they changed the design cause then yhey’d be admitting they Suck moose cock and ball’s ya know!

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts