Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2017 uconnect

12K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  TheDude67 
#1 ·
Any chance we can upgrade to this head Unit if we have a 2016?

#5 ·
So far it seems only 2018 SRT has Android Auto / CarPlay which is a major disappointment of course. I read in another thread here that the hardware is entirely different and can't help but wonder if the unit can be replaced. Theoretically it should be a simply 'plug and play' installation. UConnect claim that Android Auto / CarPlay is wired through the car which I think isn't true as there are aftermarket head units that has this feature built in; every car can have them installed and no 'special' wiring is needed really....

#10 ·
Took the plunge today and purchased this! The seller says that everything should work just fine with one little exception which in my opinion if you have Android Auto / CarPlay you do not need: Uconnect Access does not exist anymore on the newer UAQ setups. They have changed the feature to “Guardian” which needs to be activated through Uconnect themselves. We will see if Uconnect will activate for me but I am not holding my breath as I am more interested to know if all the settings menus etc. will work as intended.

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-retrofit-kit-with-apple-carplay-android-auto

#19 ·
I have premium sound Harman Kardon. There is not a single feature including performance pages that existed in the old unit and isn't supported with the upgraded Android Auto / CarPlay unit from infotainment.com. Absolutely everything works as intended and the installation is less complicated than putting together a Lego house....

The one thing I haven't looked into which frankly I don't care about since I have Android Auto is software update. I could care less if I had built in apps since Android Auto is so much better anyway.

#22 ·
Hey guys, I got the infotainment unit for CarPlay and put it into my 2014 Jeep GC SRT and it works great but I have had needed 2 BCMs replaced and now appears to be having more electrical issues. Has anyone else who did the retro fit for CarPlay with the infotainment unit had any issues since putting it in? Right now I’m having AWD issues and the dealer thinks it electrical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.