Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 1 owner srt8 with 49k miles for 54k. I know it's a bad bad time to buy, but this is a need situation. It will be a daily driver.

1. Get a maxcare warranty included in the deal?

2. What to look for when test driving?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Found a 1 owner srt8 with 49k miles for 54k. I know it's a bad bad time to buy, but this is a need situation. It will be a daily driver.

1. Get a maxcare warranty included in the deal?

2. What to look for when test driving?

Thanks for your time.
i have a 2014 and a 2018 Trackhawk.
After checking the stereo and controls look for CF delamination, dash leather bubbles and wrinkles.
Take it for a drive over bad roads or potholes in big old parking lots and listen for creaks and sunroof rattles.
Railroad tracks are good if nearby.
Are the front sway bar end links tight?
They're kind of smallish on these rigs.
Go through the gears.
Transmission or drivetrain clunks?
Look at how the tires wear.
Get up to highway speed and see how it feels and tracks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check all the routine maintenance and normal wear items to see if the PO kept up with the vehicle: oil level and condition, tire pressures, coolant condition and level, power steering fluid, brake rotors and pads, brake fluid, etc. See if the maintenance records are available for it.
I've found that electronics are the Achilles Heel of these SRT GC's. Make sure all the features work, including backup camera, radio controls, cruise control features, etc. I had a low windshield washer fluid light turn out to be an $1300 TPIM on mine... (the dealer said "it just needs topping up..." ) Make sure EVERYTHING works before you write the check. For that much money, you should be entitled to a vehicle that has no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts