Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd never get a brake job at the dealer.. I bought ebc yellow stuff, and some drilled and slotted rotors online (warranty against cracking etc.) parts under $600, $100 for the install. (front only)
Im in the same boat do you have any links for what you bought? thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
My brakes were gone by 24,000 miles, and I mean GONE. Down to the steel on the fronts. Didn't really affect the stopping too much, but once I get into them, yep, gone.

Used aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors and pads. Never look back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree, if you are going to track your Jeep... which 99% of us are not ever going to do... I would spend the extra money, if I was going to track it... what kills brakes is repeated hard braking without letting them cool down... the type of thing you can really only do on a track... if you are driving like that on the street... "you have a problem"... I have used these on a 2015 825HP mustang GT, trailblazer SS and a buick regal... I have never had any issues... but, I have never tracked any of these cars...
I have yet to put these on my Jeep but will in the spring or whenever the pads run out... I have purchased them and they are ready to install... I opened the box and for the record these disk are huge and weigh a ton... compared to the other cars listed above... I am confident they will work well for me... if not they are easy to change out...
So my advice... you know how you are going to drive... so buy what fits your driving style...
Just an update... I have about 5k on these aftermarket brakes... no squeaks and seem to work just as good as the factory one and with a lot less dust :) I am very happy with them...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Powerstop makes a great product for the money. I was extremely happy with both sets I used over the years on my Civic Si. My brother installed them on his Jetta and loved them too. When the Brembos on my Jeep go, I'm going Powerstop for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
$150 bucks on ebay for pads and rotors

Item specifics
Condition:NewBrand:Callahan Brake Parts
UPC:N/AManufacturer Part Number:BO292799727
Front Rotor Size (inch):14.99Interchange Part Number:2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, SRT, 2013, OHV, V8, 392Cu., 6424CC, 6.4L, SRT8, Cherokee, Grand, Jeep, 2012
Year Range:12;13;14;15;16;17Placement on Vehicle:Front, Left, Right
Lug Count:5Surface Finish:Silver Zinc Plating
Solid Or Vented Rotor:VENTEDWarranty:1 Year
Front Rotor Weight (Lb p/rotor):33.35Fitment Type:Direct Replacement
Images:Images Are Examples, Product (Pad Color) May Vary.Sensors:NEW PAD HARDWARE TO REPLACE YOUR OLD CLIPS
Front Lug / Bolt Circle:5 x 127mm
These can replace the 2 piece rotor?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts