Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My driver side fog light stopped working. Looks like its filled with condensation. I grabbed a new OEM assembly for about $230. Hasn't shipped yet but should be here in a few days. I looked on-line and I can't find any videos anywhere about how to install this in a 2012-2021 Jeep SRT. My dealer is pretty reasonable with labor so I have no issue having them do it. Just wondering though is this going to be a huge deal with them having to drop the bumper, etc? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can’t help with the install, but I’m curious how the housings got moisture inside? Did they get cracked?
Was wondering the same thing. There is no crack in the lens itself that I can see. Once it's removed and replaced I'm going to take a look and see if I can tell what happened. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Thanks! I know it happens often with housings that have bulbs because moisture and seep in where the bulb inserts… My WK1 GCSRT was notorious for this. But ours should be sealed because they are LEDs.

I also cracked the lens on several sets of fogs on my WK1. I figured it was caused by road debris and cheap plastic. I eventually resolved the problem my putting Lamin-X protective film over the lenses.

as preventative maintenance, I put Lamin-X on my ‘17 WK2 as soon as I got it. I actually went with yellow film to be a little different!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts