Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought our SRT a couple years ago, after watching and reading about them for years. I really enjoy the power, but I want a little more because ours is bone stock, but it has the Eibach lowering kit. I've read a lot about putting a Procharger on and running low boost and getting 600hp range. I would like to do this or run a supercharger. We do not drive this car much, as a matter of fact we've only put 5000 miles on it in 2 years. Anyone had success with running a Procharger or supercharger, without rebuilding the lower end. Also, if there are any Indiana people on here that can point me to a good shop that installs and dyno's cars I'd love to know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These engines do not like boost... If you are looking for more... I would buy a trackhawk... you will save more money in the end...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These engines do not like boost... If you are looking for more... I would buy a trackhawk... you will save more money in the end...
Thanks, that actually was our other option. We were discussing dropping in a forged short block, so we can run more boost with the supercharger, and new transmission to handle the HP. or, just cut bait and buy the Trackhawk and start over, lol....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Only my opinion, but I think it would be easier and less headache buying a Trackhawk.

one of my first cars was on ‘02 Yukon. I wanted it to be faster so I installed a ProCharger kit. Lots more HP, but I soon blew the #7 piston due to a bad tune. Once the motor was rebuilt and the tune squared away on a dyno, I ended up grenading the 4L60 transmission. The transmission was replaced with a bulletproofed 4L65. Once that was squared away, the rear end blew!

At that point, I realized it was much easier and less expensive to buy an SUV that came fast from the factory. Enter the GCSRT! Also, living in California, smog was always an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only my opinion, but I think it would be easier and less headache buying a Trackhawk.

one of my first cars was on ‘02 Yukon. I wanted it to be faster so I installed a ProCharger kit. Lots more HP, but I soon blew the #7 piston due to a bad tune. Once the motor was rebuilt and the tune squared away on a dyno, I ended up grenading the 4L60 transmission. The transmission was replaced with a bulletproofed 4L65. Once that was squared away, the rear end blew!

At that point, I realized it was much easier and less expensive to buy an SUV that came fast from the factory. Enter the GCSRT! Also, living in California, smog was always an issue.
Lol, I’m glad we don’t have to deal with the smog here in Indianapolis, We would be in big trouble with my jet boat. But yeah, it’s looking like a Trackhawk in our future

1 - 7 of 7 Posts