Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2015 SRT Dyno results!

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ghotujec 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally had my SRT dyno-tuned. Numbers are a bit lower than I expected probably due to high milage.

Mods: non MDS cam, afe intake, hellcat throttle body.

Car was at 149k miles. Ambient temperature 95 degrees. Humidity 26%. Close to sea level. AWD Mustang dyno. The engine had work on it twice (MDS delete, then valve springs).

Before the tune 360 awhp, after the tune 390 awhp.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

See less See more
#3 ·
Those are actually pretty low numbers for a cam swap. You should have got at least twice as much for a cam swap. I have been able to add almost 100hp without doing any engine work like a cam swap or head work. Get a tune by someone that knows what they are doing and has a 4 wheel dyno and you will boost your HP with that cam unless you bought the wrong type of cam. You can get almost as many ponies out of new iridium plugs and RIPP mods coil packs. I got 21HP with the coil pack swap.
good luck

#4 ·
Those are actually pretty low numbers for a cam swap. You should have got at least twice as much for a cam swap. I have been able to add almost 100hp without doing any engine work like a cam swap or head work. Get a tune by someone that knows what they are doing and has a 4 wheel dyno and you will boost your HP with that cam unless you bought the wrong type of cam. You can get almost as many ponies out of new iridium plugs and RIPP mods coil packs. I got 21HP with the coil pack swap.
good luck
Oh and unless you change the tune, add headers and port your intake the hellcat throttle body is actually hurting your numbers. Your stock intake on a 392 is 80 mm and the hellcat TB is 92mm. So the hellcat TB is doin* nothing for you until you can get more air through your engine. Put your 80mm back on and see if your numbers go up. until you tune it your numbers will stay low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.