Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to diagnose a weird noise on my srt.
It only happens at very low speed, when I am turning right. Like when I’m parking or turning a corner. It’s a quiet clunking sound and It comes from the rear of the vehicle and almost sounds like my tires are slipping around the corner. Kind of like a drum beat at the intro of a song. It’s a little hard to describe. Anyone have an idea what it might be?
Transfer case fluid? Differential? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2013 Wk2 Srt8
174 Posts
Both; change them and then see, if your not using the mopar rear differential fluid make sure you buy the additive and add it to which ever fluid you are using 2 to 5% I think from memory

·
Registered
11 Posts
It only happens at very low speed, when I am turning right. Like when I’m parking or turning a corner. It’s a quiet clunking sound and It comes from the rear of the vehicle and almost sounds like my tires are slipping around the corner. Kind of like a drum beat at the intro of a song. It’s a little hard to describe. Anyone have an idea what it might be?
I had the same issue on my 2018 SRT, weird noise that only happened at low speeds and when turning the wheel almost to lock. Had the same wheel slipping feeling you described, felt like the Jeep was stuck in 4 low. Dealer said it was the transfer case and replaced it under warranty thankfully. Happened to me at just under 40k miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate, I had exactly the same with my 2015 Jeep SRT. Transfer case fluid swap to the latest revision will sort it. I couldn't believe how this fixed what I thought was a major issue. No "let it work in for a week" comments, literally instant. The noise/shuddering etc. goneski!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same issue, for me I replaced the transfer case controller that is located under the drivers seat under the carpet…that fixed it. Got it from Rock auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts