Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2014 Jeep Cherokee SRT8
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash didn't start delaminating until after the Warranty Expired. Any suggestions on how to fix or how to get Jeep to fix, so far they are denying to pay for it, which is expensive!馃槼

Registered
I pulled mine up after popping out the dash vent bezel and used rubber gloves to spread around gel contact cement then massaged it around after putting the leather back down then added some weights overnight
Tape off the windshield with newspaper or something before starting the contact cement to keep it off the glass.
Another option is to use a hypedermic needle to inject some thin glue at the stitches and massage it then add some weights overnight

Registered
2014 SRT
still pissed about FCA bending me over on this...6 months from date of notice (not date you received the notice mind you) allowed for repairs...when dealerships were closed for 4 of those months...jackasses

Registered
So what are we owners supposed to do NOW when the dash delaminates? zi have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with delaminating leather dash. I Just talked to FCA and they say no go...recall expired and nothing we will do about it...really? Is this not a manufacturers defect? I thought there was a 10 yr statute of limitations on recall's? This recall # is X81 if anyone is searching, but good luck getting any assistance whatsoever now that this has expired......which makes NO sense whatsoever!~!~
Anyone have any luck OR suggestions? It looks HORRIBLE!!

Registered
2014 SRT
So what are we owners supposed to do NOW when the dash delaminates? zi have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 with delaminating leather dash. I Just talked to FCA and they say no go...recall expired and nothing we will do about it...really? Is this not a manufacturers defect? I thought there was a 10 yr statute of limitations on recall's? This recall # is X81 if anyone is searching, but good luck getting any assistance whatsoever now that this has expired......which makes NO sense whatsoever!~!~
Anyone have any luck OR suggestions? It looks HORRIBLE!!
like I said, FCA sucks after the sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts