Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help!! Looking for a new engine for my 2014 Jeep GC SRT. Will a 2019 Challenger SRT (6.4L) engine fit into a jeep SRT?

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought a read a release article (years ago) that they had to make significant changes to the oil pan (?) or something else on the engine to be able to get it to work in the GC? Or perhaps this was the Hellcat, but I think it was the regular SRT.

Definitely do your research just in case, but I thought this motor was slightly different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To my understanding, the jeep392 is a tad different in configuration. I can’t remember if it was the mounts or another part that connects to the block. Let me see if I can find the article.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Need help!! Looking for a new engine for my 2014 Jeep GC SRT. Will a 2019 Challenger SRT (6.4L) engine fit into a jeep SRT?

Thanks for any help...
Yes, same block, but I believe the dipstick is on the opposite side for the jeep. So you’ll have to swap it over.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
30 Posts
There’s a few things different. First thing is the exhaust manifolds. The Cherokee ones are designed for the AWD bs that’s down there. Pretty sure you can use them over tho. The other one is the oil pan. Again the AWD. Other issues are going to be the PCM. That’s what’s off the top. Quite honestly there’s a bit more detail oriented shit but those are a couple huge ones

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
30 Posts
Totally forgot to mention the different cams also. It could work dude but honestly I think it’s more involved than you are thinking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts