Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scoured these threads and could not find where the location of the TCM (transmission control module) is located. I previously had an WK1 and it was located behind the dash cluster by the steering column. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've scoured these threads and could not find where the location of the TCM (transmission control module) is located. I previously had an WK1 and it was located behind the dash cluster by the steering column. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
What are you looking to do with it once found? I thought these weren't configurable. Everything goes through the pcm.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
What are you looking to do with it once found? I thought these weren't configurable. Everything goes through the pcm.
Not sure what he wants to find it for, but I had mine pulled to get tuned because I didn't want to purchase the trinity 2 at the time and I wanted to get my tcm tuned. But yes you can go through the tuners instead of pulling it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is an old thread but its underneath the shifter. Pull the side panels off next to where you leg would be on the passenger side, and stick your hand in. You will find it
Thank You, I could not find it any where.
The 2013's are the last year of the 5 speed and different configurations than 2014 and newer (8 speed) (TCM and PCM seperated). The 2014s and newer have their PCM and TCM combined, I believe.
Not sure what he wants to find it for, but I had mine pulled to get tuned because I didn't want to purchase the trinity 2 at the time and I wanted to get my tcm tuned. But yes you can go through the tuners instead of pulling it.
You can get better results with a TCM, TQ converter and/or upgraded transmission or valve body.

The 1st Gen (WK1) GCSRT and up to the 2013 GCSRT has the same transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.