Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 GC SRT8 was great until you "floored it" between 40 -65 mph. Had all the TSB's done and still a SLUG.
Is the new one any better? Maybe someone in Italy will discover that 5 speeds aren't enough.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mine feels like its getting ready to lift off line an airplane when I floor it at 40 mph, granted I am coming from a Ford F-150 with like a thousand pounds of extra aftermarket mods, but it stills flys compared to other vehicles I've driven (Corvette's and so on).

·
Registered
36 Posts
i thought mine was going to suffer the same thing, and indeed did at the beginning. Was fast but not in that sweet spot. After 2500 PLUS miles its a whole new beast. My son asked me last night when i was merging "holly shit did you do something to it"? Its cold here in Montreal now so it may have something to do with that but my 06 and 10 never had this much of a difference so i def think its the mileage thing that has woken it up.

·
Registered
908 Posts
My 2006 GC SRT8 was great until you "floored it" between 40 -65 mph. Had all the TSB's done and still a SLUG.
Is the new one any better? Maybe someone in Italy will discover that 5 speeds aren't enough.
I just wanted to say (I don't have a WK2) but my '07 was a little slugish at 40. After getting a Johan tune it is now a beats at 40 when I drop the hammer. My dead spot is at about 50/55-60 now and above 85. I agree that gears limit things but as far as at 40 I think the WK1 is strong. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
A little off-topic, But...Whats up with the double sig?
I think that Phone app Sig :confused: Or he's copying and pasting it on each post he makes :D

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
I think that Phone app Sig :confused: Or he's copying and pasting it on each post he makes :D
It is his phone sig. RedEight, please make it one line as it's irritating.

Bernie

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Why did we all decide to comment on his sig in this post (including me)?
Lol
It's been like that for a while.

BTW- I agree, the tune made it seem quicker in the dead spot.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
A nice CMR tune should do it, if not get a nice FRI Little Boy cam and the Beast will launch nice at 40 mph... ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
the tq is what makes this rigs monsters, once that tq falls off, then the hp is not really felt as much.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Lol......sorry fellas.
I will fix. The AutoGuide Mobile App has enough problems obviously, without me contributing to it.
Sorry for the distraction, now let's get back to debating the WK2.........

Borla S
Volant CAI
BT Can
Eibach
Half-debadged

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Here you go boys, from now on I will just sign my name?

- Keith

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sooo, boys and girls, it sounds that unless you do something that voids the warranty the wk2 is STILL A SLUG between 40-65 mph. The new boss is the same as the old boss...:(

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sooo, boys and girls, it sounds that unless you do something that voids the warranty the wk2 is STILL A SLUG between 40-65 mph. The new boss is the same as the old boss...:(
who said or confirmed that? or are you just trying to rain on the parade?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts