Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone every heard of a place that can put a manual tranny into a Jeep SRT8? The Challenger comes in a manual mated to the same engine. I realize there are other issues... I know it sounds ridiculous but I would like to have it done if any place can do it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Has anyone every heard of a place that can put a manual tranny into a Jeep SRT8? The Challenger comes in a manual mated to the same engine. I realize there are other issues... I know it sounds ridiculous but I would like to have it done if any place can do it.
Anything can be done with enough cheddar....question is, how much are you willing to spend ;) ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything can be done with enough cheddar....question is, how much are you willing to spend ;) ;)

I would be willing t spend a decent chunk of change, assuming it was going to look and perform perfectly. I would hope I could sell the auto. Do you know of a reputable place that is capable? I talked to hennessey, they aren't interested. Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would be willing t spend a decent chunk of change, assuming it was going to look and perform perfectly. I would hope I could sell the auto. Do you know of a reputable place that is capable? I talked to hennessey, they aren't interested. Thanks
One of the last places I would take my car is to that douchebag crook. From the stories I have read online at forums where members have taken him their car, I'm surprised the guy hasn't been put in some concrete shoes somewhere.

I'm going to take a SWAG here and say, $10k minimum to get someone to do this job, with the expectation of price rising.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the last places I would take my car is to that douchebag crook. From the stories I have read online at forums where members have taken him their car, I'm surprised the guy hasn't been put in some concrete shoes somewhere.

I'm going to take a SWAG here and say, $10k minimum to get someone to do this job, with the expectation of price rising.
wow, good to know. Any idea's of a good place capable of something like this? I was hoping under 10k but I know it's not cheap. I am located in Chicago if that matters.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
We've gone down this road before. It can't be done. I'm mean ya sure it can, but 10k isn't going to get you even close, so how much are you willing to spend, and is 20n to 30k worth having a stick in a Jeep?? The electrical nightmare alone wouldn't be worth it, but then you'd have to fab up pretty much everything else from scratch, because yes the 6 speed links up in the Chally, but nothing will in the Jeep. I wanted to do this 3 years ago. BAD, but it's just to expensive. But if you got a crap load of money than who cares right. I'd rather put a TT 426 with a fully built driveline in for the same price if not cheaper. But that's just me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
just get a cts-v manual

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Maybe Modern Muscle out here in Oswego, Illinois might take a shot at it... Not sure if Tim at Mr.Norms might though.... This definitely sounds like a project though and it will be up there $$$.....

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Do you want to keep it AWD? Mating the Tremec 6060 up to the AWD transfer case could be an issue. If you wanted to convert it to 2wd, I think it could be done. Keeping it AWD would require more custom fab and drive the price up, probably by double, if not more. Keoni's brother actually asked me about this back at VMP ;-)

J

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Take what you are willing to spend, then triple or quadruple it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Try Century Automotive in Richmond, Texas. http://www.centurytransmission.com/

They put a heavy duty racing automatic in my dad's Viper about 5 years ago. Top notch work. I don't see why they couldn't do the reverse.

PS. The auto swap was around $25k. It can be done a lot cheaper but with serious power I wouldn't recommend cutting any corners.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Try Century Automotive in Richmond, Texas. http://www.centurytransmission.com/

They put a heavy duty racing automatic in my dad's Viper about 5 years ago. Top notch work. I don't see why they couldn't do the reverse.
Because you have to add all the linkage, pedals, cut holes for pedals....etc..... Nightmare. But again if you got all the money in the world. I'd say it can't be done for less than the price of a 2010.

·
Registered
806 Posts
anyone that spends that kind of money on something like this has way too much money and should send me some

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Interested.....

Id like to see if it can be done.
Could be interesting to convert the Jeep into a manual and RWD drag beast! Throw some drag tires on the back and get a wheelie bar too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts