Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just saw this a few minutes ago, but not bad. Maybe some stealerships are taking the hint and don't want them sitting idle on their lots for another 6 months

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, that interior looks sexy.... Thats a pretty good price for one isnt it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Still too much folks ;)
If you're waiting for the '12 WK2's to drop to under $55K, wait until the 2013 models hit the dealers (probably sometime next Oct/Nov). Or search around for a used or demo model (probably not likely until sometime after spring/summer).

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Just wait it out if they could pump them out like they did the WK1 and have them sitting on lots the prices will drop.

But that is not a bad price at all.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Nice I check on eBay time to time just to see what they are asking.

On Cars.com, there are 2 in CA at like $80k and $85k :rofl:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Found mine on ebay. Dealership in Spring Texas puts a lot of new cars they get in on there. He sold 2 of his 4 SRT8's the first day that way. I did not bid on it, I called him and arranged price and pick up.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
If you're waiting for the '12 WK2's to drop to under $55K, wait until the 2013 models hit the dealers (probably sometime next Oct/Nov). Or search around for a used or demo model (probably not likely until sometime after spring/summer).
Sure will Kim. I'm not in a hurry. Wanna check out some other rides coming out also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat how dare they are selling this for $60k, this is unaccaptable, i can not belive this is, who does Chrysler think they are ;) ..OMG lets start another price thread plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...i will never buy one unless its $59k,this is rediculous, i think i might just wait until 2020 and buy it for $10K ...LOL

·
Registered
333 Posts
This truck is sold, someone on the other site just bought it and already took delivery. Got it for invoice.

·
Registered
425 Posts
62 plus tax they are crazy but im sure there are people that are going to buy it

$62K plus tax is MSRP for a loaded WK2.
What's so crazy about it?

Just a month ago, there were WK2's going for at least $70K+ on ebay.....now THAT was crazy.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I think $60k is a reasonable price. I just cant get past the shitty head unit, 5 speed tranny and bootleg exhaust. Everything else I've learned to deal with. Seen two in person now, the wheels are still boring but look better in person. If the can just fix those 3 nagging issues I will buy in a heart beat. I'll gladly pay $60k for the 8" screen, 6 or 8 speed, and center exhaust option (for those not wanting to tow) or at the very least some non trumpeted exhaust tips.

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
I've noticed a LOT of people complaining about how big the Nav screen is. Am I just getting old or is there a generation gap here. I remember when cars had two things on the dash... A/C and a Radio, that was it. The rest of the time you spent holding onto this thing called a steering wheel pushing on pedals of various sorts.

I think GPS Nav is great (well, sorta, nobody knows how go GET anywhere with a MAP anymore), but having a screen in the cabin sure makes things look nice and gives you the option to do all your little geeky little forms of communication, like hands-free and blue-tooth and sat radio and sirius traffic, etc, etc....

I just don't really care if my screen is an 8" or a 6"... just not a selling point for old farts like me I guess. I don't even own an Ipod, or a laptop for that matter, so maybe the 2012 is perfect for me, considering I'm looking to buy used anways.

Plus the 5 speed.... yep, outdated... but it only takes 3 shifts to get down the track. That 8 speed is going to be shifting its ass off.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've noticed a LOT of people complaining about how big the Nav screen is. Am I just getting old or is there a generation gap here. I remember when cars had two things on the dash... A/C and a Radio, that was it. The rest of the time you spent holding onto this thing called a steering wheel pushing on pedals of various sorts.

I just don't really care if my screen is an 8" or a 6"... just not a selling point for old farts like me I guess. I don't even own an Ipod, or a laptop for that matter, so maybe the 2012 is perfect for me, considering I'm looking to buy used anways.
It's a personal thing. I think its more than the size people are complaining about. Its the outdated technology similar to how you view the 5 speed.

To me its 2012, technology IS important.

·
Registered
467 Posts

I think GPS Nav is great (well, sorta, nobody knows how go GET anywhere with a MAP anymore), but having a screen in the cabin sure makes things look nice and gives you the option to do all your little geeky little forms of communication, like hands-free and blue-tooth and sat radio and sirius traffic, etc, etc....

Plus the 5 speed.... yep, outdated... but it only takes 3 shifts to get down the track. That 8 speed is going to be shifting its ass off.

Boy, do I agree with you x 1000. I'm actually fairly tech savy, and I couldn't care what size the nav unit is. I get in the car, drive it hard, enjoy being behind the wheel, listen to the radio (Sirius) and occasionally use the nav if I need to find some place. That's it. I don't need the nav unit to play DVDs, I don't need the nav unit to display fancy album artwork, or pictures or whatever.

Give me a vehicle that is fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, well built with most of the bells and whistles and I'm happy. Even the transmission. Other than gas mileage, what do I need 8 speeds for along with the constant shifting. I don't.

My .02.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.