Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I clicked on this thing a million times it would all ways say Confirmation then it stayed at (production scheduled) Red shows status.Now it says they are painting should be showing up soon?.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
Awesome to see some progress !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Awesome ! you must be glued to that tracking page ... I sure know I would be ! :lol:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is completed and painted...will ship tomorrow, not sure how long that could take but it could take a bit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now its at trim

You are a lucky man - Mine has been bumped back from D1 status twice despite ordered first week of order book. Currently no scheduled date

Wish somebody would let us know if any have shipped yet as production data on Wk2 Jeep shows 180 have been built at what looks like a rate of about 15 per day - Couple of Dealers showing VIN on Cars.com but if you use the Insight logistics tracking they have not even been built let alone shipped.

Can't beleive how long we are having to wait for "Imported from Detroit" !!!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
It truly does suck how long they are taking, it might take a bit to ship, my rig has been built and sitting in storage since the 15th of September. Now the current status is departed facility (Jefferson Facility that it was being stored at) and is on a truck, nothing else, dealer has told me there getting it in 2.5 weeks or less. Hope hes correct.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yea the WK2 SRT is now made in Mexico, the WK1 was made in Detroit Jeffereson North Plant :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
mine finally moved from "production scheduled" to "paint"

I have heard they are doing insane amounts of QC inspection, given the controversial nature of the pricing and that this is the most expensive product chrysler has ever put out there.

My hope is, since I am local to the plant here in Michigan, the shipping will be fairly quick, but who knows....

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea the WK2 SRT is now made in Mexico, the WK1 was made in Detroit Jeffereson North Plant :)
? made in Mexico. The engine plant is in Mexico. Assembly is still at the Jefferson north.

Congrats to all whose vehicles hit paint or another assembly process stage today. Your vehicles will be completely built in the next 24 hours

·
Registered
196 Posts
? made in Mexico. The engine plant is in Mexico. Assembly is still at the Jefferson north.

Congrats to all whose vehicles hit paint or another assembly process stage today. Your vehicles will be completely built in the next 24 hours
Yeah, In the last 2 days mine went from frame-paint-and now is at trim. The other site (insight) says its done and going through final inspection and should be delivered next week, but who knows...

ATLEAST WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS, FINALLY!

Any updates on price protection??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Any updates on price protection??
Nothing as far as I have heard. My dealer said the process to claim it looked straight-forward but you really never know until they start arriving and are officially sold to customers. That is the only part about the wait that I don't mind. Most of you will have your vehicles before mine is built so you can report back on how (or if) price protection was honored for those of us who placed an order before August 10

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It truly does suck how long they are taking, it might take a bit to ship, my rig has been built and sitting in storage since the 15th of September. Now the current status is departed facility (Jefferson Facility that it was being stored at) and is on a truck, nothing else, dealer has told me there getting it in 2.5 weeks or less. Hope hes correct.
Man than I got some time before I see it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in the Detroit area, saw a car hauler full of black charger Srt8's going north on expressway. Could gave been going to Chrysler headquarters, but looked nice!

·
Registered
196 Posts
On the Jeep site it says its at trim level and on the insight site it says it got sent to storage(js) today and suppose to be delivered next week!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts