Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this story starts off with a misfire on cyl 3. I replaced the coil pack and 2 plugs because it was easy enough to do. That wasn't it. When I bought the jeep used with 38k miles on it 3 years ago, I invested in a B to B Platinum warranty with $100 deductible, so I dropped it off at the dealer for further investigation. They checked the injector, did a compression and leak down test, and it was all good. They determined(right or wrong, who knows) that no signal was getting to the coil, and replaced the PCM. That didn't do it. I pretty much knew it wouldn't, and was convinced it was a valve train issue. So they tore down the top half of the engine and found a seized roller on the intake lifter I believe. Completely wiped the cam lobe. They were planning to replace the cam and lifters, but found a bunch of metal contamination inside the cam phaser. Of course there were multiple visits from the warranty inspector during this time. They ended up pulling the oil pan and found contamination on the bottom half. So, they agreed on a new(reman) engine from Chrysler. A month later, I have the Jeep back. New motor + PCM + labor = a $10k repair. I paid $100. Love me that warranty now.

Only issue I have is there is significantly more engine noise in the cabin than there was previously. It sounds completely normal when its running and walking around the vehicle. Seems like it may be an exhaust issue- a bad hanger bushing or something transmitting engine noise in. Or maybe they left out some insulation, lol. I told them about it so I will have to take it back in. Anyway I have a rig with 92k miles on it and a "new" engine. My warranty goes another 6k miles so if I keep it, I will purchase another warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hoow much did you pay for the bumper to bumper warranty? was it purchased when you go t your jeep or after? and do you have any info on the company?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Land

wht year is your jeep and mileage ?
depending on that you can qualify for the Maxcare Warr (Oe Chrysler)
i just gotta 15 w 28k on her last mo and they Quoted me $2800’issh for 3yr 75k miles w a $100 deductible..
I sud hve the info or # at least will post..

I also saw a commercial for Warr and called Them and they quoted $3800 for 5 yr and 120k OR $126 p mo $100 deduct and cancel anytime mo to mo.. take to any ase cert service cntr (which i loved, dealers are dousche lick faack stick’s) i will try and post something for ya.. keep in mind my Quotes were due to mileage and year. The Maxcare does take Jeep outta Warr (Mine) just hve to have it inspected at Dealer before it takes effect..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ok here is the Direct quote and email from Maxcare.. Guys info in there as well , jus have the Vin and call and he’ll give a direct quote rt over the phone!
The Dealer i bought from gamme a 4 mo Warr so i havent done yet but i’m lean twds the other one , i will post that phone # as soon as i see the next teevee commercial (on all time) as ima call em again and most prolly sign up for that one.. Have a great relationship w my local mech and he said they are great and most time unless it’s a huge ass repair don’t send anyone out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2012 had an issue with cylinder 8, Turns out the lifter was damaged and the cam was also. My extended warranty covered the remanufactured engine, glad i had it. I've had several issues that the extended warranty had to cover. Water pump leaking, A/C condenser leaking, noisy heater blower, transfer case module, and several other issues. I'm lucky to have had the extended warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts