Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm starting nice and early this year to ensure we have alot of good submissions.

THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION OF THE ENTRIES. Please reference all entries by post# in the submissions fourm. We want to try to keep the submission thread to pictures only - keep the clutter in this thread!

The deadline for submissions will be December 4th, 2011 at 11:59PM

Planned release December 1st, 2011

Professional photos are allowed and encouraged!

RULES:

1) ONE SUBMISSION EACH:I will be making a submissions ONLY thread, please only post your submission in that thread! If you want to change your submission before the deadline, edit your existing post and replace the picture with your new one!!

2) HIGH QUALITY PICS ONLY: No posting of low res, shoddy pictures you had on your computer for 3 years. Post and KEEP ON YOUR COMPUTER your high res submission. When the times come to print, I will be emailing you for your HIGH RES PIC. If you do not have it, you will not be in the calendar.

3) PHOTOSHOP: I'm changing this slightly from the past years, It used to be NO photoshopping, but still, try to keep it to a minimum for example; to adjust/tweak color, remove telephone pole from background, etc. Keep it to a minimum.

4) JEEP SRT8's ONLY: Make sure the entire Jeep is in frame, and there are no other people or cars. Engine shots allowed and encouraged. Make sure there is a good amount of room around the jeep to allow for cropping.

6) cover submissions will be allowed as a second picture and may be photochoped but must be posted in the Calendar Cover submissions ONLY thread!!

IMPORTANT!!!!!
You need to have available 2 sizes.
They need to be 2300 x 1800 pixels
and 3500 x 2300 pixels
MAKE SURE you crop your pictures to these sizes and save them both, before you submit!!! When I email you for your pictures, I dont want to hear that you don't have the correct sizes.

Noteworthy points:
- Allow lots of room around the jeep for cropping purposes.
- Set your camera to its highest res possible!!
- Please use your fourm user name as the image naem ex: squigmang.jpeg

Photo Submission Thread:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?p=778186#post778186

Cover Submission Thread:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?p=778188#post778188

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
Damn, say it ain't so, 2012 already! I stuck your three threads Matt.

Bernie

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know eh!! time is flying!!!

Thanks Bern, Thanks for your help last year!
Please delete all discussion/comments in either of the submission threads, as we did last year.

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
I know eh!! time is flying!!!

Thanks Bern, Thanks for your help last year!
Please delete all discussion/comments in either of the submission threads, as we did last year.
No problem Matt!

Bernie

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
My vote goes to a Black WK2 SRT8 Jeep for January!!!

Who's going to be the first to post one up??????????

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My vote goes to a Black WK2 SRT8 Jeep for January!!!

Who's going to be the first to post one up??????????
That would be sick!!

I was thinking it would be cool if someone could put together a tribute to steve for the cover as well!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
That would be sick!!

I was thinking it would be cool if someone could put together a tribute to steve for the cover as well!
Good Thinking Matt! We definitely need to show tribute to Steve and send one to his family.

There are some sick looking Jeeps on this site, Can't wait to see what ones makes the calender.:)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I 2nd that for Steve. I think his family would really like that. Cant believe its amost 2012 already! Time for some new shots i guess! A couple WK2's would be nice as well

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Can you correct the typo below so we're sending you the correct size. I got eliminated last year because of file size. Definitely want to get it right this time!

and 35200 x 2300 pixels

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you correct the typo below so we're sending you the correct size. I got eliminated last year because of file size. Definitely want to get it right this time!

and 35200 x 2300 pixels
Corrected, sorry!
Yes that was an oversight lastyear and some awsome pics wouldnt fit. Hopefully the problem is remidied!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Let make sure we get MB represented this year !

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump for those who may not have noticed it yet, get the ideas flowing guys, lets make a sick calendar this year!!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Let make sure we get MB represented this year !
haha, i just submitted a MB pic!!

Side note about the rules, it says only one submission per person, if there is a vote about the pics, can't we submit multiples and let people choose? I have lots of awesome, high quality pics, but I just chose one I liked. Maybe we should have a separate thread where people get to choose which they like best? I dont know, i've already submitted.. ha!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha, i just submitted a MB pic!!

Side note about the rules, it says only one submission per person, if there is a vote about the pics, can't we submit multiples and let people choose? I have lots of awesome, high quality pics, but I just chose one I liked. Maybe we should have a separate thread where people get to choose which they like best? I dont know, i've already submitted.. ha!
Nice pic that you submitted, just make sure you have it (or can produce it) in the 2 sized required.
If you like, you can start a thread and have others help you choose, but it is a hard enough job to pick out the winners let alone sifting thru 10 pictures from each person.
For that reason, we are going to keep it at 1 picture each in the official submission thred. I think it is fair that everyone gets one submission, for both the members and me who is putting this together.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nice pic that you submitted, just make sure you have it (or can produce it) in the 2 sized required.
If you like, you can start a thread and have others help you choose, but it is a hard enough job to pick out the winners let alone sifting thru 10 pictures from each person.
For that reason, we are going to keep it at 1 picture each in the official submission thred. I think it is fair that everyone gets one submission, for both the members and me who is putting this together.
Understood. My buddy, the guy with the camera, has the original un compressed pics. I will email him and get the two sizes. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I think theres alot of awesome pictures in Johnnys VMP thread that could be used... and there probably will be lots from ATCO..

1 - 20 of 78 Posts