Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do others think Chrysler is nuts for jacking the price of the 2012 Jeep SRT8 up to almost $62,000.00!! For comparison a 2010 Jeep SRT8 with every option had an MSRP of $49,000. That's a $13,000 price hike, WTF are thinking?

For comparison:
The base price for a 2010 Laredo was $30,710, the 2012 Laredo start at $27,490, that's $2770 less!
The 2010 limited was $37,480, the 2012 start at $36,695, that's $785 less.
The base price for the 2010 SRT8 was $43,325, the 2012 starts at $54,470, that's $11,145 more!!

I would really like to know how Chrysler can justify such a premium on the SRT model. No way I'm going to spend that kind of money on the 2012 model.

Reactions: Snuggles

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Seriously? Come on man. At least do some research before posting your own thread. This subject has been beaten to death.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked and didn't find it.. sorry guys.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
^^^^Well Said
They are going after a different buyer from the WK1. They moved it more in the direction of upgrading the ride and refinement, something the competition has been doing for years. While many track stars don't like the direction, they will sell just as well to a different demographic...if not better!

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
But to me, Jeep is doing the right thing. If they want to compete with the BMW's, Porsche's, and Lexus, they have to start building cars that can compete at their level.....not just in their performance, but also in refinement, luxury, and features. I think they're off to a real good start.:)
The SRT8 Jeep still can't compete performance wise nor luxury wise with the Euros. But still there is that stupid price increase. That's just stupid tactics IMHO.

They should have just increased the base price to 70k, added a s/c or turbo, new nav and tranny and made it 550-600hp awd monster!!!!!

Why go half way! All those years they have been making the SRT8 Jeep it ended behind the X5 M and Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
It won't please the hard-core fans but it will now appeal to a broader audience. Well, if they end up selling more SRT8's than ever before, we'll know they made the right decision. Time will tell but I think they did.
They will still sell the same amount. These vehicles old and new were limited production. One would hope the numbers will stay the same or this platform will be gone. So far, so good though as this years batch are sold out. They did not increase the number of SRT8s the produced

·
Registered
108 Posts
They will still sell the same amount. These vehicles old and new were limited production. One would hope the numbers will stay the same or this platform will be gone. So far, so good though as this years batch are sold out. They did not increase the number of SRT8s the produced
Chad, Just curious - are you going to be purchasing the new Jeep SRT?

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Chad, Just curious - are you going to be purchasing the new Jeep SRT?
No, with the price increase ($27k) compared to the price I paid w/ TTL. It's just not worth it to me. I don't daily drive mine and it has all the things I want or need in a vehicle. For the amount of time I spend inside it, the interior upgrades mean absolutely nothing, no matter what year. All I need is a comfortable seat, an accelerator and a hitch. All accomplished in 2006, well minus the hitch which didn't show up till 2007. LOL

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'd love to know what everyone thinnks Chrysler's statement of all 4,000 units being "sold out" really means. So many folks have pointed to this statement. Folks, if you think that all 4,000 units are sold units to customers, you are dead wrong. I found a not sold unit going to a dealer by me through Insight and it is expected to arrive the end of the month.

My guess is at least half (and probably more) of these "sold out" orders are simply units bought by dealers for dealer stock.

Reactions: 5000XD

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I'd love to know what everyone thinnks Chrysler's statement of all 4,000 units being "sold out" really means. So many folks have pointed to this statement. Folks, if you think that all 4,000 units are sold units to customers, you are dead wrong. I found a not sold unit going to a dealer by me through Insight and it is expected to arrive the end of the month.

My guess is at least half (and probably more) of these "sold out" orders are simply units bought by dealers for dealer stock.
I never said sold out to customers. I am sure they are meaning sold out to both. Whether they all sell will determine if there will be other SRT8 GC's in the future but I am sure the corporation is not going to be buying them back from the dealers.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I never said sold out to customers. I am sure they are meaning sold out to both. Whether they all sell will determine if there will be other SRT8 GC's in the future but I am sure the corporation is not going to be buying them back from the dealers.
Gotcha.

My guess is quite a few will sit, and that is when Chyrco starts the discounts. I'd say about 2-3 months before they start production on the 2013 models

1 - 13 of 13 Posts