Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Superbee was announced, I thought - WOW, beautiful car. I've seen and driven the 2012 SRT8 already and was WAY impressed. Well, after weeks of searching, I found a Pitch Black one available and put a deposit on it. I wish I could hold on to the Jeep SRT8 as well but alas, I'm in no position to do so (look for the for sale post soon).

Thoughts/comments on the Superbee?

Peter

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Looks great, Peter! But sorry to hear that the Jeep's gotta go. I can't say I've ever seen a SuperBee in black before..... me likey. Aren't these a little less coin than the standard SRT8 trim as well?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great, Peter! But sorry to hear that the Jeep's gotta go. I can't say I've ever seen a SuperBee in black before..... me likey. Aren't these a little less coin than the standard SRT8 trim as well?

Yes they are. The one that's available to me MSRPs at $45,390 and has the paddle shifters, low-bean HIDs and Premium Audio group (8.4" touch screen) so it's fairly loaded. Almost all the Charger SRTs I've seen are $48-51k range (if you can get MSRP) so the Superbee is a great value. Plus it's 1 of 500 Black ones so that's worth something to me (I like uniqueness in my vehicle).

And trust me, it's HARD to let go of my Jeep. I ran a 4.4 sec 0-60 in it just this Tuesday but I'm sure the Superbee will be right there as well with BETTER gas mileage ;)

Also, I got 3 of 4 rims warrantied so they're brand new! Sweet! ;) So now's the best time to move it. Too bad the dealership I work for doesn't have any Superbee's in stock . . .

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
They are nice, one of my co-workers had a yellow 2007 srt8 superbee (old style). Very nice car, it was one of 1000 made. He ended up selling it over the winter time, because he didn't want to mod it for fear of losing some of the value. Plus he hardly drove it, I think it had 6k miles on it.

He always says to me when he sees me that he wished he did like me and got a regular srt8 so he could mod it up and have fun with it. Told me the other day he is looking for a plan jane challenger that he can do a engine swap into it.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
are the new ones numbered also like the old ones?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i'd keep the jeep. no nav in the bee, cloth seats, they even stripped the cupholders?! feels like a step down to me!

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Hmm I didnt know they were less expensive than the regular SRT? Are those cloth seats? Kinda hard to believe a special edition Charger would be less than a regular. What other options is it missing over a standard SRT?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Hmm I didnt know they were less expensive than the regular SRT? Are those cloth seats? Kinda hard to believe a special edition Charger would be less than a regular. What other options is it missing over a standard SRT?
It came out as a stripped down srt8 and its an SE with the super bee pak.
SRT8® Super Bee Featuresincluded in base price
■Includes Everything on SE, Plus:
■392 CID HEMI® V8 w/
470 Horsepower & 470 lb-ft of Torque
■Fog Lamps
■20-inch Cast Aluminum Wheels w/
Painted Pockets
■Brembo® Brakes w/ Black Calipers
■Z-Stripe Cloth Bucket Seats
■Uconnect® Voice Command w/
Bluetooth® Connectivity
■Security Alarm
■Black Grille w/ Super Bee Badge
■Super Bee Performance Info Screens
■Super Bee Decals
■Matte Black Rear Spoiler
■3-Mode Electronic Stability Control

·
Registered
550 Posts
^^^I can't remember if it was either Car & Driver or Motortrend, but one did an article on the Superbee and it was much less expensive than the normal SRT

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
YOU BASTARD! You got 3 of 4 rims warrantied?! :(

And I got told to **** off. lol

Peter good luck with the superbee. But we have to have one last little get together with the jeep!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Nice Peter , Change is always good , Have you ever consider the 300 SRT in White or Silver ?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^I can't remember if it was either Car & Driver or Motortrend, but one did an article on the Superbee and it was much less expensive than the normal SRT
It was Motor Trend - here's a link to their test drive.

As Jim said, it's based on the SE with SRT parts. Missing are the adaptive suspension, leather seats and sunroof. You can order with the 4.3S w/nav, low-beam HIDs, paddle shifters, audio group and convenince group.

i'd keep the jeep. no nav in the bee, cloth seats, they even stripped the cupholders?! feels like a step down to me!
Only in luxury features. I'll still have equal or better performance, the ability to do wicked burnouts and better MPGs ;)

are the new ones numbered also like the old ones?
I'm not sure. The dash plate didn't have #s on it. That would be great if it did ;)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really dig the Super Bee... I believe it was Motortrend that had the article. Edit - here it is:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1202_2012_dodge_charger_srt8_super_bee_first_test/
It was cheaper than a standard SRT 8 as it didn't have a lot of the creature comforts like leather, heated/ cooled cup holders, etc.

Peter, what are the details on your GC? Miles, options, mods?
Yup, that's the article that caught my eye too!

I'll PM you details on my 2009 Jeep SRT8 as I don't want "The Admins" to spank me for trying to sell my jeep here and not in the For Sale section (which I will do once I get a full set of photos).

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I think i would pay the xtra 5,000 to get all the goodies.
Who are you kidding Jim! You would probably take the Superbee with 3 wheels! You aren't paying extra for anything!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.