Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
would this be a possibility? 31mpg sounds pretty good in my Jeep! :D

Unless putting the 8 speed in will also drop 2000lbs and make it slip through the air like butter I dont see a Jeep getting 31mpg.....:eek:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Theres no 8spd available yet.
Theres no SRT Jeep in 2011.
Theres no such things as 31mpg in a Jeep SRT.

Sent from my LG-P925g using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The 8 speed is only offered in the 6 cylinders. Plus getting the programming to work......

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't get why people are worried about milage, buy a Prius. We drive SRTs for a reason, and it's not milage. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I don't get why people are worried about milage, buy a Prius. We drive SRTs for a reason, and it's not milage. Just my 2 cents.

Principle. I don't think many people expect too much from it, nor do I feel they're asking for unrealistic numbers. A 2-3 MPG city improvement and a 4-5MPG highway would be nice

Reactions: blu_vette

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

not trying to push your buttons or anything, I sold my Modded C6 vette to get in the SRT8. The vette modded was giving me about 28mpgs on the highway and about 14-16 on the city. I do understand the weight differences and awd as well as the gearing. My reasoning for getting into the jeep was to get something more mellow that was roomier and comfortable. Not really to go racing around town. I want to keep my Jeep and in the future by a C6 Z. So, I ask this as I WILL find a way to make the AWD 6.1 5sp GAS GUZZLER be a bit more friendly. I am considering changing the gears to a milder 3.55 and see how that goes. I was just wondering if the 8spd was worth looking into.

ps: you wouldnt catch me dead in a Prius. :cool:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
What diff would the the transfer case make? It hasn't been done yet because it's can't be done. The Chally 6 speed doesn't fit. This was talked about at great lengths a couple of years ago. I wanted this soooooooo bad, but the amount of fabrication that was needed was too much, and then you would have to deal with the computers. So I think it would have worked out to be about the same price as another Jeep. Some things are just not worth it.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
The 12 uses the same trans as the 06-10, you can go to wkjeeps.com or wk2jeeps.com for the specs on the trans.
As for gearing, if there were gears available, you'd need to be able to program that into the Jeep. Currently there are no tuners available for the 12s so that isn't an option on a couple fronts.

The friendliest you can make the Jeep would be a CMR tune when tuning becomes available. That would happen because the tune would be specific for your Jeep and it would be running as efficiently as possible. Also, not sure if it would be an option on the 12s, but I know a couple of the tuners were able to adjust the tune so the Jeep could run on lower octane fuel.

Comparing a modded vette gas mileage to a modded Jeeps gas mileage is a huge apples to orange comparison. The vette has way better aerodynamics and sits lower to the ground. Not matter what you do to a Jeep, its still a brick being pushed through the air.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Comparing a modded vette gas mileage to a modded Jeeps gas mileage is a huge apples to orange comparison. The vette has way better aerodynamics and sits lower to the ground. Not matter what you do to a Jeep, its still a brick being pushed through the air.
Very true, plus the gearing on GM peformance cars is done nicely. The 6th gear on the Vettes and CTS-V is tall enough to make the car cruise at 1500 rpm at 70mph.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly! I wish there was a way to change the gearing for our 5th so that on highway it sits in a bit lower rpm. I'm not trying to get a huge improvement, just something reasonable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The should've bought a Prius argument is lame. Wanting a little bit better mileage isn't unreasonable at all. Running 3000 rpm at 75 is stupid. As mentioned already, the gearing in my '04 CTS-V puts me at low rpm and allows 26-28 mpg.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts