Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. so i am doing a little bit of a custom project and to do thids the way i vision it i need some help finding 2 2010 front seats. if the 08-09's are the same exact seat i can use those to.. does anyone have any available or know where i can purchase them from?? please let me know, thnaks in advance

·
Registered
635 Posts
If your going to try and put them in the backseat, I think they will be to tall. Just a thought....

Reactions: nyjoed

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your going to try and put them in the backseat, I think they will be to tall. Just a thought....

damn u serious?? i didnt even think of that.. thats exactly what i was doing.lol are u sure?

·
Registered
635 Posts
It seems to me they wouldn't fit, because there is a "hump" underneath the rear seat. Also there is quite a bit of electrical stuff hidden underneath, such as the transfer case control module. Why would you waste close to 1k on new seats and more on labor/fab when your trying to save for your supercharger man????? Doesn't make sense.

BUT anything can be accomplished...with $$$.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
damn u serious?? i didnt even think of that.. thats exactly what i was doing.lol are u sure?
Just measure them, don't forget you will need brackets under the seats too. So take that into account when you are measuring.

Reactions: chitass

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey chit. thats almost what i am looking to do but a little different. did u use the rear cargofloor and leather that or did u make a new one? now that i saw urs i guess i can l;eave the rear seats . i was unsure about something wich is why i was gonna put 2 sepperat seats but not now.. im actually gonna be doing all the work myself. my SC money comes from my direct depost right to another account so i dont even have to think about having to save it. im thinking ahead to the holidays and what people can chip in for.lol. i know i get ahead sometimes thats just me. but i want to leather my rear cargo area panel that comes out. not sure how to do it yet tho.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Take the rear seat out and unbolt one of the front seats to see if it fits. I can almost guarantee that it won't.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rear seat is staying. sorry fellas. kyle! dude! that setup is very very nice man. im digging it im gonna leave the rear seats as is.i have an idera in my head now and it will work better with the hole rear seat in.. thnak u tho fellas!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's not my Jeep Joe...I believe it's ENVIEDS? Crank This Performance! Did it for SEMA. You'll have to contact Cam to get the details.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Joe you should copy ENVIEDS set up... lol.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine will be similar. what i am looking to do if u guys can vision it. is i am gonna be mounting the nitrous bottles in each corner with the base of the bottles against the back of the rear seat and the valves facing the rear of the truck and both bottle will be on an andle facing inwards essentiaslly in a v shape. inbetween the bottles i will move and re upholster the kicker box in matching leather as well as the hole rear floor area. then along the space io have on the back of the rear seats i will mount mirrors to help show the bottles and then soon as u open the rear liftgate i will gave SRT 8 in chrome or polished lettersin front of everything.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Sweet!! When are you starting on this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
mine will be similar. what i am looking to do if u guys can vision it. is i am gonna be mounting the nitrous bottles in each corner with the base of the bottles against the back of the rear seat and the valves facing the rear of the truck and both bottle will be on an andle facing inwards essentiaslly in a v shape. inbetween the bottles i will move and re upholster the kicker box in matching leather as well as the hole rear floor area. then along the space io have on the back of the rear seats i will mount mirrors to help show the bottles and then soon as u open the rear liftgate i will gave SRT 8 in chrome or polished lettersin front of everything.

Remember, NITROUS bottles must be mounted a specific way in order to function correctly/efficiently AND be compliant for use at the track. From the sound of it, I would be a little skeptical mounting them as you plan. Don't forget to incorporate your BLOW DOWN TUBES!!!

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
i am gonna be mounting the nitrous bottles in each corner with the base of the bottles against the back of the rear seat and the valves facing the rear of the truck and both bottle will be on an andle facing inwards essentiaslly in a v shape.

Bottle placement is critical to the performance of your NOS nitrous system. It is important to understand how the bottle valve and
siphon tube are assembled to properly orient the bottle in your vehicle and ensure that it picks up liquid nitrous while undergoing
acceleration. All NOS nitrous bottles are assembled so that the bottom of the siphon tube is at the bottom of the bottle and opposite the
bottle label (Figure 4).
Whenever the bottle is mounted in a lay-down position, the valve handle must be towards the front of the vehicle with the label facing
up (Figure 5A).
If the bottle is mounted vertically, the valve handle and label must face toward the front of the vehicle (Figure 5B). This orientation will
position the siphon tube at the back of the bottle where the liquid N​
2O will be during acceleration.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
WARNING! DO NOT attempt to remove the siphon tube without completely emptying the bottle of all nitrous and pressure.
Failure to completely empty the bottle will result in an explosive condition causing injury or death.​
[/FONT][/FONT]
A bottle mounted upside-down must have the siphon tube removed before use (Figure 5C). Non-siphon bottles can be specially
ordered from NOS.
If the bottle must be mounted parallel to the axles of the vehicle (sideways), the valve handle and label must be angled at approximately
45° toward the front of the vehicle (Figure 5D). This orientation will position the siphon tube toward the rear of the bottle.​
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
NOTE:​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]When using a bottle with a siphon tube, the tall bracket should be at the valve end of the bottle and the short bracket at the
bottom (Figure 5E).
The most efficient mounting is the lay-down position (Figure 5A) with the valve handle toward the front of the vehicle. This position

allows the greatest amount of liquid to be used before the siphon tube begins to pick up gaseous nitrous oxide

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have incorperated the blowdown tubes. i will be using single billett bottle brackets each bottle will have a few sfaty features. as far as how there mounted i dont see why they wouldnt be allowed? does it matter wich way they face??

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bottle placement is critical to the performance of your NOS nitrous system. It is important to understand how the bottle valve and​

siphon tube are assembled to properly orient the bottle in your vehicle and ensure that it picks up liquid nitrous while undergoing
acceleration. All NOS nitrous bottles are assembled so that the bottom of the siphon tube is at the bottom of the bottle and opposite the
bottle label (Figure 4).
Whenever the bottle is mounted in a lay-down position, the valve handle must be towards the front of the vehicle with the label facing
up (Figure 5A).
If the bottle is mounted vertically, the valve handle and label must face toward the front of the vehicle (Figure 5B). This orientation will

position the siphon tube at the back of the bottle where the liquid N
2O will be during acceleration.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]WARNING! DO NOT attempt to remove the siphon tube without completely emptying the bottle of all nitrous and pressure.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
[FONT=Arial,Bold]Failure to completely empty the bottle will result in an explosive condition causing injury or death.[/FONT]
[/FONT]A bottle mounted upside-down must have the siphon tube removed before use (Figure 5C). Non-siphon bottles can be specially
ordered from NOS.
If the bottle must be mounted parallel to the axles of the vehicle (sideways), the valve handle and label must be angled at approximately
45° toward the front of the vehicle (Figure 5D). This orientation will position the siphon tube toward the rear of the bottle.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]NOTE:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
When using a bottle with a siphon tube, the tall bracket should be at the valve end of the bottle and the short bracket at the
bottom (Figure 5E).
The most efficient mounting is the lay-down position (Figure 5A) with the valve handle toward the front of the vehicle. This position
allows the greatest amount of liquid to be used before the siphon tube begins to pick up gaseous nitrous oxide

wow!! good thing u guys gave me this heads up? where did u find this info stang?? also there are no pics with it?? where can i see this article with the pics??

·
Registered
635 Posts
JOE + NITROUS = :killtard:

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
^^^^Hahahahaha:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts